Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 01:26 PM   #1

Fuel Problem?

Interested if anyone has had a similar problem?
Let me start from the begining filled the tank drove it about 35 miles parked it for about an hour. Started car and it quit right away. Started it again and was fine.
Felt under powered a couple times but got on highway and after a while. It would just have no power and rpm's dropping like fuel cut. And it would keep doing this on and off for the whole ride home the rpms were up so it would just drop off a bit but was rolling along so it would kick in again and so on. After getting off the highway this on and off became worse as now rpm is low speed is low and you have hills etc. On one small uphill it finally quit couldnt start it. After 3 or 4 minutes it started but did the same thing the rest of the way home glad I wasnt far by this point. Next day started it and went for a small around the neighbor hood excursion and it was fine let it come up to temp and still fine? What could this be?

Fuel pump relay? Fuel Pump? Fuel Filter in combination ?? Any help would be apreciated...

Regards John

Dirtydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:37 AM   #2
pk2

Fuel filter would be my first guess but it could be any or all. No CEL?

PK