Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 11:39 AM   #1

Clicking noise coming from front left tire

When I drive I can hear this noise that sounds like something clicking. It is definitely coming from the front left tire. I don't visually see anything that is wrong with it, but I did notice that on the rim... the very center part where the Porsche logo is... it's like.... loose. I can use my finger and touch it and it kind of makes a noise. I think that may be the culprit.

What I am wondering is... is there any easy way I can "tighten" this thing... and does it mean that there is something more serious/dangerous wrong?

Here is a picture of what I think is causing the noise: http://www.kerplunk.net/986tire.jpg (Circled in red)

kerplunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:02 PM   #2

Pull the tire off.. it will take 10 minutes. If the center emblem is loose, you may be able to goop / epoxy / contact cement it.

When you have the tire up, spin the brake rotor to make sure its nothing in there.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:55 PM   #3

I had a clicking noise in the front also and it ended up needing the control arms replaced.

yellowboxster01 is offline   Reply With Quote