Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 11:36 AM   #1

Factory Htd Seats - No Pwr

Hello Everyone -

Wondering if I can have some insight into a problem I discovered today. I put my windows down, and it's a chilly day, so I click on my heated seat. They worked just fine yesterday ... but alas there is no power to the switches (both driver and passenger) - no yellow light, no red light - at all. Window switches work just fine.

So I started by identifying and pulling the fuse for the heated seats. Fuse looked OK, but I swapped it with the back-up just in case. I turned the key one click (without starting the engine), and clicked the rocker switches. Both driver and passenger worked just as normal. Yay! Right? Then I turned the car on, tried the switch, and again, neither work.

Winter is coming and the heated seats were a big plus for me (since I DD the car 365 days/yr) and they come in handy up here in Buffalo.

Anybody have any suggestions so I can avoid a trip to the dealer? You input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

9eighty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:59 AM   #2

i really have no clue what this is - but since they work when the ignition was in one position, but stopped when you turned the car on - and I have heard about all sorts of weird things happening electrically when the ignition switch starts to fail - could this be somehow related to the ignition switch?? this is just a guess

i too have heated seats and totally understand why you want them! they are great to have on when the top is down on chilly days/nights. they make top down driving enjoyable even in cooler weather.
2006 RL - My daily driver
2000 Boxster - Ocean Blue Base 5spd on Black Full leather. 18" wheels and M030.

Boxster mods I've added: Rear speaker kit, Painted Calipers, Painted Bumperettes, Painted Center Console, 987 Shifter Assembly, 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, Clear side markers, 03+ rear lights, de-snorkeled.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:16 AM   #3

Right you were! My key had been sticking recently ... The ignition switch was the culprit. Got it taken care of after I pulled out of the garage and into the rain and the wipers weren't working. Ah, the joys of owning a Box.

Thanks.

9eighty6 is offline   Reply With Quote