Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 11:44 AM   #1
2001 RUF 3800S

Airbag Light Wont Go Away After Dealer

I recently swapped out my seats for GT3s and my airbag light came on ofcourse. I brought it to a porsche mechanic that has all the proper equipment to erase the light but it wouldnt go away. I asked him why is the reasoning behind this and ofcourse he says "theres 1000s of things that it could be, you need to bring it in"

Really the guy is a #$%@en prick but hes very good at what he does. Most of been one of his off days.

Anyone know what it could be? Should i take out the belts again and put them back in?

Also I think im going to purchase a durametric diagnostic tool. Enough is a enough dealing with dickheads

Old 05-17-2010, 12:23 PM   #2

Did you reconnect the electrical connector for the seat belt receptor buckle?
Plugs into the device under your seat

On your other note: If you're looking for a good excuse to buy a Durametric, it doesn't get much better than that
2015 FIAT 500e "Nikki" my commuter car
ChrisZang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:36 PM   #3
2001 RUF 3800S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZang
Did you reconnect the electrical connector for the seat belt receptor buckle?
Plugs into the device under your seat

On your other note: If you're looking for a good excuse to buy a Durametric, it doesn't get much better than that

Haha, yeah it is a pretty good excuse. I just bought it a couple of minutes ago.

Im sure I plugged everything the way it was, Ill have to double check again then if you think thats the case.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:30 PM   #4

If your main plug wiring isn't pinched, then I'd look at the seat belt buckle and its wiring next. It's easy to scalp that wire when you feed it throught the new seat, and the buckles themselves do fail.

Mark
Old 05-18-2010, 10:41 AM   #5

When I bought my car, I had the child belt in the front. I disconnected at some point and my airbag light came on. I brought it in to the dealership for something and at mentioned it to them. They took their device out and changed a setting which deactivated the passenger side airbag signal (otherwise it would always be on). It is something that cannot be fixed with durametric. At least this was the case with my professional version, but I haven't updated to their new one so maybe they can do that now although it is doubtful. Durametric is awesome, but it is still limited.

Viper5 is offline   Reply With Quote