986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Bully Clutch, anyone heard of it or use it? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/22205-bully-clutch-anyone-heard-use.html)

violametallic-S- 09-23-2009 06:32 PM

Bully Clutch, anyone heard of it or use it?

Im looking into getting a Stage 3 sprung loaded clutch from Bully. Its a big canadian company located right here in Ottawa. They are well known in the import scene (rice rockets) Just wanted to know if anyone has ever installed them in their car?

dbw 09-24-2009 03:03 AM

link

Would you post a link to it please?
I'm in Wpg.

violametallic-S- 09-24-2009 03:22 PM

bullyclutch.com

Might be getting the Stage 3 sprung clutch. 1000cdn.

ChrisZang 09-24-2009 03:54 PM

Quote: "... recommended for racing or forced induction ..."
Unless you really want to RACE or have turbo or super charger I don't think you will be too happy with that clutch

Ever driven a race clutch in stop and go?

Cloudsurfer 09-24-2009 07:53 PM

The various definitions of "stages" differ from company to company, but generally, a stage 3 clutch isn't going to be terribly streetable. Further, as a more known entity for a Porsche application, I would lean toward SPEC.

violametallic-S- 09-24-2009 08:04 PM

Ive driven cars with Stage 3 clutches, not too bad. Its not a daily driver so I wont get too annoyed of the stiffness. And Yes I will be turbocharging it in the spring, or supercharge it not sure yet.

JAAY 09-25-2009 05:22 AM

Why do you want to go with a non-oem clutch? I looked into these options also when I did my motor swap and the best info that I received was to use a cayman clutch. That is what I have in the car now and it is great and holds the power no problem. My .02

violametallic-S- 09-25-2009 05:49 AM

I'm on my second oem clutch and it's giving out already. Why not get a performance clutch for a few hundred more that can tolerate abuse better then the oem. I'm getting some type of forced induction so I want the power to go to the ground. Stage 3 is rated for 500 hp and it's made for the track. So it will last forever on the street

blinkwatt 09-25-2009 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAAY
Why do you want to go with a non-oem clutch? I looked into these options also when I did my motor swap and the best info that I received was to use a cayman clutch. That is what I have in the car now and it is great and holds the power no problem. My .02

The cayman clutch you say? Is there a difference between the cayman clutch and the 987? I thought the car were almost identical mechanically?

Would a cayman S clutch kit be a straight swap on a rear wheels drive M96 6-spd tranny?

JAAY 09-25-2009 06:27 AM

Todd turned me on to the idea. I used a 5speed cayman clutch because that is what I have. It fit perfect. I would imagine that a cayman S 6speed clutch would be the same also. It comes down to spline count and the flywheel I believe. Ask Todd he will know. He knows everything!

ChrisZang 09-25-2009 12:14 PM

so for my own curiosity?
Can it generally be said that a race clutch will last longer than a OEM clutch?

stephen wilson 09-25-2009 02:25 PM

No, you can't say that for sure, it depends on the specific design of the clutch in question. A light weight ( small diameter,low Inertia) "road race" clutch could be destroyed quickly with a drag race style launch.