Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2005, 01:34 PM   #1

Just got ripped off !!!

I decided to go through with a front door speaker upgrade on my boxster. Because I do not currently have this option on my 98' Boxster I had to get new door panels. I found this guy selling some stuff on e-bay for a 996 so I hit him up and got some panels off him. When they arrived there were missing all the trim, door pulls, pocket covers, etc... He told me that all that stuff was included and didn't send me any of it. The panels are off a later model car so they have the special door lids so mine will not fit. I am so dissapointed and thought I would vent to some fellow Boxster owners. This guy charged me a fortune for these panels and now I am stuck with something I can't use. He will not return my e-mails or anything. Anybody out there looking for some newer style savanna beige panels? At this point I am probally going to give up on e-bay. My car is all dissassembled and I am about to be driving around panel-less. Please help!!!

Claudio

claudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 01:50 PM   #2

Report him to Ebay. Did you pay with a credit card or paypal? You might be able to get your money back as he did not deliver what he adviertised.

Don
Dons986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 02:04 PM   #3

I found him on e-bay but he was selling a bunch of stuff in one auction so I do not have a direct purchase number. E-bay will not cover indirect purchases. I paid through Paypal but I don't think they will cover it either. Anybody ever had this happen to them?
Old 02-27-2005, 02:18 PM   #4

I got stiffed recently from an EBAY purchase. The guy took a powder so EBAY was useless in helping me.

Sucks, no?

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 04:40 PM   #5

The worst thing is this guy had 100% feedback. I thought that I was o.k. but I guess not. I hate dishonest people
Old 02-27-2005, 06:35 PM   #6

I was taken for $300 about 6 monthe ago on Ebay. The guy also had excellent feedback. I paid with paypal which had a link to my checking account. After my purchase he canceled his ebay and paypal account so there was nothing that they could do to help me. I did, however, report him to the FBI as they have an internet fraud division. I will only pay with a credit card after that experience.

Don
Dons986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 04:42 AM   #7

Same here, I refuse to attach my bank account to paypal.
tqtran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 05:05 AM   #8

It'll be good if you can provide us with his ebay ID. I'm in the process of getting Paypal to resolve one of my dispute as well. I'll post full details here once this gets settled to be fair to the seller...
clubhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 02:48 PM   #9

Yes, I will let everybody know you can count on that!!! I am giving him the benefit of the doubt before I go out of my way to make sure he does not rip anybody else off. I sent him an e-mail and told him that if he does not respond in the next day or so I will report him to Paypal. Hopefully they have some type of buyer protection
Old 02-28-2005, 03:38 PM   #10

how much did you spend?
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 04:40 PM   #11

If you used your credit card to pay through paypal, you have two recourses.

1. Paypal typically finds the seller at fault and credits the money back to the buyer.

2. Using one's credit card to pay for purchases through paypal (versus direct withdrawl from a bank account) gives one more layer of protection.

Do report him to Paypal... chances are that he will have the money yanked out of his account.

I buy off Ebay all the time and I have very good trades. Sorry to hear it's not been the same for some of you fellow Boxster owners.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 05:29 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudio
... I will report him to Paypal. Hopefully they have some type of buyer protection
Paypal buyer protection is not much of a use. Your case is similar to mine and you probably need to open a dispute under "Goods not received as described". Paypal will state that you'll get a response from them within 7-14 days of opening a dispute and a dispute will take up to 30 days to resolve.

This is all crap. I'm into my 3rd week without hearing anything from Paypal. Called them twice and they said the disputes are handled in the order they're received, blah, blah, blah. And they do have many disputes to handle so......THERE'S NO GUARANTEE WHEN MY DISPUTE WILL BE ATTENDED TO!!! It can be 2, 3 or 4 months or even longer??!!

So put too much hope in Paypal dispute resolution....

For my case, the buyer is refusing to deal with me now since I've opened a dispute with Paypal. What gives??!! I'm not placing too much hope on this. Next step is just to leave a negative feedback and post your experiences in as many forums you can find....
Old 02-28-2005, 05:52 PM   #13

Paypal will not do anything. If you received a product from from the seller they will leave it at that and say they do not warranty the quality. I would just contest the CC charge. Screw paypal for the crappy service or supposed protection they offer.
Old 02-28-2005, 06:03 PM   #14

The last time I got screwed a seller sent me a bunch of soccer jerseys (I collect)and they were not up to par. I sent them back since He was a power seller. Well he said he would return my money except he never did. He stoped returning money and emails and the negative feedback started sky rocketing. But he kept on selling! and Ebay didn't do squat.
So I took matters into my own hands and followed all of his auctions and emailed everyone of his bidders that he was not going to send them any merchandise and that he was a crook. I did this for two weeks (I can be tenacious) I made sure to CC him on each email. He promptly returned my money without an email requesting me to stop.

If this guy is still selling on ebay start harrasing his bidders.
Even though you didn't technically go through ebay.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 06:08 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
So I took matters into my own hands and followed all of his auctions and emailed everyone of his bidders that he was not going to send them any merchandise and that he was a crook. I did this for two weeks (I can be tenacious) I made sure to CC him on each email. He promptly returned my money without an email requesting me to stop.

If this guy is still selling on ebay start harrasing his bidders.
Even though you didn't technically go through ebay.
Excellant idea I'll be sure to do that!
Old 03-01-2005, 03:24 PM   #16

Great idea man. I will start doing that if this whole thing doesn't get resolved. I am hoping for the best.

Claudio
Old 03-05-2005, 02:21 PM   #17

Hey Guys just an update on my problem. I reported him to Paypal, they did nothing. I reported him to e-bay, they did nothing. He reported me to e-bay because I started e-mailing his customers. I will probally loose my account but oh well hopefully I saved somebody the pain of getting ripped off. It's with the credit card company now and hopefuly they will do something. By the way, the guys e-bay account is CWP911. Spread the word.

Claudio
Old 03-05-2005, 03:49 PM   #18

Dons986 If I got taken for $300.00 this guy would be locking his house at night. It would be worth it for $300.00 of my money to meet this m.f. in person.
Bethencorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 09:23 PM   #19
Watch Freak

I charge everything on my Amex platinum. I got taken for $6,000 when I paid with Paypal and they would not help me so I called Amex and got my money back in 5 minutes. Screw Paypal. I will only call Amex in the future with any problems.

P.S. I use my Amex exclusively. If a place doesn't accept it then I do not shop there! I am a loyal Amex customer.
2006 BMW 750i 19" Sport Wheels BK/BK-Daily
2005 Lotus Elise Sport & Touring Package-Fun
2001 Lexus RX300-Back-up Winter Beater
2001 Mercedes-Benz S500 Sport AMG-Sold
2000 Boxster S Heavily Modified-Sold
2000 Nissan Altima GLE-Parking Spot Holder
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Stryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 07:29 AM   #20

Send a message via AIM to Subanez
I got taken on Ebay for $23,000

Yes, that's right. My Boxster. It took a 3 month FBI hunt to finally get the car after I bought it directly through Ebay, and then another 4 months of lawsuit to actually get the title in my name.

Oh, and in the meantime, he had taken the Porsche offroading, resulting in over $4,000 of damage. There's still some problems with it that I will never be able to fix.

Ebay wouldn't help me, my insurance company and loan companies wouldn't even help me.

I lost a lot of faith in "consumer" help resources with this ordeal.

::sigh::

It was the same thing...over 300 positive car sales, it just happened that when I bought the car from this dealership, they decided to fraud their loan companies, and default on all the payments. It was a hellish 6 months for me trying to A) get my money back or B) get the car I supposedly bought.

-Kevin

"I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. And then I ran some more." -Fight Club
Subanez is offline   Reply With Quote