Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 09:13 PM   #1

Porsche "Moment"--lease Boxster for $490

Just noticed this on Porsche website---must be fairly recent (I go there often )

https://www.porschedealer.com/opportunity/

Lease special on Boxster for $490/mo. pretty lightly equipped though. But if I were back in the states right now I'd probably consider pulling the trigger on this one. Not a terribly bad deal. Anyone know the residual and money factor for 36-mo lease on 09 Box?

Maybe they'll give us an even better price if a dozen of us go for group lease?

P.S. Notice the arrangement of the cars in the photo. I think it's great the Boxster is right on the end, showing off, while the 911 is hidden--stuck between an SUV and some coupe. I guess they finally realize which is the best car

Last edited by CRCGuy; 08-05-2009 at 09:19 PM.
CRCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:24 PM   #2

Being an ex-new car sales manager I can break this down for you.

1.) this is for a base boxster 48,000
2.) $3685 due at lease signing
3.) $3685 / 36 mos= 110 + 490= $600 per month plus tax 65 to 70= $665 per month
4.) with all the disclaimers below your closer to $700 plus per month
5.) 1.9%@60 mos=$914 for a buy(1.9%probably only 48mos or 36mos)
Make your own conclusions if this is within your budget

Fine Print
Price excludes destination charge, title, taxes, registration, license fees, insurance, and maintenance. Lease payments of $490.23 for 36 months = $17,648.28 based on capitalized cost of $42,665 (requires dealer contribution which could affect price). Total due at lease signing: [$3,685.23] (first month’s payment, acquisition fee of $745, and capitalized cost reduction of $2,450). No security deposit required. At lease end, lessee pays excess wear, $.30/mile over 30,000 miles and $350 termination fee. Purchase option at lease end $28,771.35 plus taxes. Specific vehicles and options are subject to availability and your payments may vary. For details about costs and terms call 1-800-Porsche. For additional information see your participating Porsche dealer or visit www.porscheusa.com.

SO, GROW A PAIR NANCY AND DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!
http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...Main/MyBox.jpg

Last edited by mptoledo; 08-05-2009 at 09:43 PM.
mptoledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:16 AM   #3

There is a similar lease ad on the internet for a 911 for mid $800 per month. However, when you look at the fine print you are getting hosed. YOu have to pay almost $6000 for a cap reduction, taxes, dealer prep and you only get 10,000 miles yearly. Then they charge you 30 cents per mile for overage.

Clearly the best deals out there is to purchase a preowned car and wait for the right deal.
E Kaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:34 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mptoledo
Being an ex-new car sales manager I can break this down for you.
[/I]

Wow. that's great. I didn't appreciate how bad it really is. thanks!!

And great to know we have an ex-sales manager in the group. You probably shouldn't have said that. You will be a very popular person here for new car buyers There goes your inbox....

I'll certainly be hitting you up for advice if I decide to go new!!
CRCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:59 AM   #5

The only way I would ever buy a "new" car(besides a good lease) is if I was planning to keep the car at least 2 to 3 years after its payments are done. I would never finance over 48mos unless it was an attractive 1.9,2.9 rate. remember there is nothing like a free and clear car(Well maybe a free and clear house) . I love a good deal on a lease, but once you do the math they really aren't that good anymore.

The depreciation curve on most cars starts to even out at around 24 months. That is why I always look at 2 year old low mileage cars, if you can find them. Plus most are still under MFG warranty for another year.
http://www.planetporsche.net/porsche-sales-leasing/32241-what-does-cayman-depreciation-curve-look-like.html
good luck and let me know if you have any questions on the subject. I have been out of the business for a few years but the mechanics of it haven't changed much.

SO, GROW A PAIR NANCY AND DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!
http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...Main/MyBox.jpg

Last edited by mptoledo; 08-06-2009 at 08:03 AM.
mptoledo is offline   Reply With Quote