Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 04:06 PM   #1

You're going to think I'm nuts, but....

So I go to the Dupont Car Show in St. Petersburg, Fl. last Saturday morning. It's called cars and coffee. People drive their cars and show them off from 7 am to 9 am. About 400+ cars. Many high end cars, Ferrari's, Lambo's, alot of 911's.
Alot of fun and many nice people.

I parked my car inbetween 2 Ferrari's. I walked around and enjoyed the cars. When I came up to my 2000 Boxster, I noticed how great it looked. To me, just as nice as it's neighbors. The shape, the lines, the whole package.

Driving home from the show I had a new appreciation for the car. We are all fortunate to own a beautiful auto, which is a blast to drive and does not put us in the poor house.

Just thought I'd share my thoughts.

Eric

E Kaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:06 PM   #2

I'm not sure whats nuts about that. Top down I think the Boxster can hold its own in looks among much higher end sports cars, in terms of looks.

It's one of the reasons I picked the Box over the S2000, Z4, and especially the 350z. The Nissan is soooo tempting with all that power, but it looks so ugly with its overhangs and just ends up looking fat.
Lordblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:26 PM   #3

You're far from nuts. I've caught myself admiring my own cars many times. It's always reassuring.

Orlando - 99 BMW M Coupe (autocross toy), '11 Mazdaspeed 3 (dog hauler), '99 10AE Miata (the new daily driver)
kabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:08 AM   #4

I thought you were gonna say you had a door ding from one of the Ferraris. haha
lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:17 AM   #5

Don't let 'em kid you . . . you gotta be nuts!!
Old 07-21-2009, 05:03 PM   #6

speaking of door dings.

I brought my youngest daughter, Gracie with me. She's my car girl. She opened her door rather quickly when I parked and my stomach dropped as I watched her door come within what looked to be inches (probably was a foot) from one of the Ferrari's. It was like watching a movie in slow motion.

E Kaplan is offline   Reply With Quote