986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   look what I found in my radiator (not for the faint of heart) (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/21406-look-what-i-found-my-radiator-not-faint-heart.html)

ChrisZang 07-19-2009 06:35 PM

look what I found in my radiator (not for the faint of heart)

So yesterday I caught way too much sun during the Autocross in Alameda and decided that it's better to stay out of the sun today.
So I declared today "radiator cleaning day".
And look what I found in my center radiator (see pictures)
I mean from time to time I catch large bugs but I never caught a bird.
It went straight through the wire mesh behind the radiator openings no damage to the radiator though (phew)

tonycarreon 07-19-2009 06:44 PM

i think you take the cake so far. puts my candy wrapper to shame.

i wonder if the leaf blower would have gotten that. i'm sorry. that was uncalled for. :D

timothy 07-19-2009 07:58 PM

The bird is going to be okay, right. RIGHT?!

Lil bastard 07-19-2009 08:47 PM

When you capture a guy like this let us know...lol

PlayersExpress 07-19-2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil bastard
When you capture a guy like this let us know...lol

The hunter has become the hunted.... :chicken:

Now where the hell did you find pictures like that...? I dont want you to tell me that that was your Porsche..... because I was already laughing my ass off. :cheers:

It would be even funnier if the guy whos car that was is a member of PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) .....

rick3000 07-19-2009 10:34 PM

That bird crash made the rounds a while back on the Porsche forums. My favorite part is how you can see the silhouette of the driver in blood on the seat.

That definately sucks for the bird but at least it didn't hit your bumper.
I remember hearing someone saying they cleaned their radiators and found a bird with the winds out stretched which almost completely blocked the air flow into one of their side radiators.

Lil bastard 07-19-2009 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlayersExpress
The hunter has become the hunted.... :chicken:

Now where the hell did you find pictures like that...? I dont want you to tell me that that was your Porsche..... because I was already laughing my ass off. :cheers:

It would be even funnier if the guy whos car that was is a member of PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) .....

Well the real question is how fast was that guy travelling when he hit the Pheasant? That thing went through the windscreen, largely 'vaporized' all over the seats, and still packed enough wallop to crack the rear glass.

Not a cheap ins. claim either what with Sport Chrono and factory phone options!

Q: Why did the Pheasant cross the road?

A: He didn't

:cheers: