986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Griot's One Step Sealant??? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/21345-griots-one-step-sealant.html)

limoncello 07-15-2009 04:39 AM

Griot's One Step Sealant???

Saw an ad for Griot's One Step Sealant in both the recent Panorama and R&T.
Almost sounds like "one step everything" from the ad.
Anybody used it? Does it work?

How do you wash/wax the car the next time AFTER you apply this product?

If a car is a garaged, weekend warrior (i.e. not much UV exposure, no bird droppings, etc.), is there any reason to move away from carnauba?

Search for griot's in various forums, didn't get results, sorry if this is a repeat.
Where'd the detailing forum go?

signed
Rip Van Winkle

paulv 07-15-2009 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limoncello
Saw an ad for Griot's One Step Sealant in both the recent Panorama and R&T.
Almost sounds like "one step everything" from the ad.
Anybody used it? Does it work?

How do you wash/wax the car the next time AFTER you apply this product?

If a car is a garaged, weekend warrior (i.e. not much UV exposure, no bird droppings, etc.), is there any reason to move away from carnauba?

Search for griot's in various forums, didn't get results, sorry if this is a repeat.
Where'd the detailing forum go?

signed
Rip Van Winkle

I've used the equivalent Zaino product and it works great -- I would assume that the Griot's product is the same -- after all, they're both polymer based.

I polished/sealed my car back in May and just washed it last week because is was really dirty. Washed with the same car wash and the car looked great after.

Griot's Garage and Zaino are both great products and you can use their sealers over anybody else's product (polymer or carnauba based).

Regards,
paul...

Frodo 07-15-2009 05:04 AM

Haven't used it, can't talk about the Griot's specifically.

A lot of times people will do the sealant, then follow with the carnauba on top. I do that as well, and have been pleased with the results.

I just "wash" the car---for the most part---using the Perfectlap Optimum No Rinse technique, since it mostly just gets dusty, not outright dirty/muddy. Takes like 15 minutes, if that.

My car is also garaged, and I actually used to use just the carnauba as well, and it seemed to work fine. These days, I just top off with some Duragloss Aquawax every few washes. I do the sealant maybe once a year, the carnauba 'from time to time', and (as I said) the Aquawax every few washes.

Isn't the finish on these cars WONDERFUL?

2TrunkSteve 07-15-2009 10:18 AM

I used this on my daily driver a few months ago and have been really happy with it. It really does a great job of extending the look of a freshly waxed car.

As a side note, I received the sealant as part of the Griot's buffer kit from my wife (not a bad birthday gift). I had used Mother's products prior to this, but their products are a step up in my opinion.