Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2009, 06:37 AM   #1

A Few Nice Boxster Pictures from the Rockies

Shot this near the top of Mount Evans, Colorado about a week ago:

My 2003 Boxster S and my 1980 TR8 at Mount Evans together

Last edited by Dave S.; 07-10-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Dave S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 06:42 AM   #2

I'm going to agree with the monosyllabic spokesperson of my generation and say: "That's hot."
Previous Toys:
2005 RX-8, RIP
1989 GTA, 5 Speed, Procharger Supercharger and 2 Core Intercooler, 1 3/4" headers, 3" Flomaster Exhaust, cat-delete, digital ignition, bigger fuel injectors
Oaktown 986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 07:18 AM   #3

Amazing photos, Dave.

It would be interesting to hear about your take on the similarities and difference between the TR and the Box. They look to be about the same size in the pic but I would have thought the TR is much smaller (and I'm assuming it is lighter.)

00' Boxster S, 00' E46 BMW - DD, 03' LR Disco - Wife's car, '84 300ZX turbo - owned for over 22 years, 82' 911 SC - Gone but not forgotten
Rob-00BoxsterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:32 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob-00BoxsterS
Amazing photos, Dave.

It would be interesting to hear about your take on the similarities and difference between the TR and the Box. They look to be about the same size in the pic but I would have thought the TR is much smaller (and I'm assuming it is lighter.)
I've never measured them but they seem pretty close in size and weight. The TR8 is certainly roomier inside than the Boxster and no problem for folks well over 6 ft in height. I can't even put the seat all the way back and drive and I'm 6'1". The TR8 was a pretty good handling car in it's day and I love the sound of that rumbling V8 motor. It's a little slower than the Boxster S, but is still plenty fast and has a lot of torque.
All that said, nothing compares to the way the Boxster S handles. and you can only appreciate the TR8 if you drive it before getting into the Boxster.
In any event it's nice having an extra sports car around to tool around in when friends come to visit.

Last edited by Dave S.; 07-10-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Dave S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:50 PM   #5

great scenery...and the mountains look nice too.

i just got back from a week-long vacation in estes park, colorado and noticed quite a few porsches around. after driving around i realized why. all i could think was how i wished i had driven instead of flown there. saw a lot of boxsters, a few 911s, a couple of 944s, a 928. at the same condo we were staying at there was another 944 and a cayman.

highway 36 and 34 were fun even in the crappy subaru outback i rented. though i have to say my bf was getting tired of listening to me say "i wish i had the boxster" every time we went anywhere.

Last edited by tonycarreon; 07-11-2009 at 01:52 PM.
tonycarreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:43 PM   #6
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycarreon
great scenery...and the mountains look nice too.

i just got back from a week-long vacation in estes park, colorado and noticed quite a few porsches around. after driving around i realized why. all i could think was how i wished i had driven instead of flown there. saw a lot of boxsters, a few 911s, a couple of 944s, a 928. at the same condo we were staying at there was another 944 and a cayman.

highway 36 and 34 were fun even in the crappy subaru outback i rented. though i have to say my bf was getting tired of listening to me say "i wish i had the boxster" every time we went anywhere.
Wish you'd have mentioned you were coming here. I could have pointed you to some of the less crowded roads and maybe let you try them out with a Boxster.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 03:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2000s
Wish you'd have mentioned you were coming here. I could have pointed you to some of the less crowded roads and maybe let you try them out with a Boxster.
that would have been great, but it was a family reunion and activities were planned for every day. plus, i think if i mentioned "boxster" once more i would have been left at the side of the road.

the highways were quite crowded, except at night. but people seemed pretty quick to move over to the pullouts when i came flying towards them.

only a few times did the outback's rear-end want to break loose.

funnily enough, i noticed a blue boxster s a lot around town...

tonycarreon is offline   Reply With Quote