Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2009, 07:10 PM   #1

Oh..my..god I think I just wet myself...

It's sooooo beautiful! Forget a 599 or even an F40, I'd so have one of these instead:

http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/ferrari-cars314908738?sortcol=price&sortdir=down&askpriceub=any&askpricelb=any&deliverymileageub=any&deliverymileagelb=any&location=Tucson%2C+AZ+85705&listingtype=used&model=&make=ferrari&distance=any

Lordblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:50 PM   #2

That car was manufactured the year I was born. I was destined to buy it and call it my own.

NOT.

My house isn't even worth that much money (well, it will be worth that much in ten years, but then again the Ferrari will be worth more too!)
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:23 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
That car was manufactured the year I was born. I was destined to buy it and call it my own.

NOT.

My house isn't even worth that much money (well, it will be worth that much in ten years, but then again the Ferrari will be worth more too!)
We can only dream =(.

If only we could get a 30 year loan on a car like you do a house. Then my dad might have been able to afford it... minus the maintenance costs...

Ah to be young and dreaming.
Lordblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:17 AM   #4

the late 60's GT's are my wet deam!!
986chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:22 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour

NOT.

At the rate this economy is going... in 10 years you'll need $10k to buy a loaf of bread. So yeah ... your house will definite worth that much if not more!

ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:01 AM   #6

Eh. For me, this is the coolest Ferrari ever , and pretty much the ultimate collector car (for me).
Mike_Yi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:15 AM   #7
Porscheectomy

If it makes you feel any better, Ferraris were poorly designed and manufactured in those days. Body parts that fit on one car wouldn't fit on another. Enzo was selling street cars just to support racing and felt that everything around the engine was mostly unimportant. Porsches of the same era were much better made and designed.

I think that's the car with the excessive offset beween the rear axle and transmission that wore out the driveshaft in short order. Nothing you could do about it.

Having said that, I'm sure it's great to drive, even with all it's character.

Last edited by blue2000s; 06-30-2009 at 10:17 AM.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote