Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 07:42 PM   #1

Bang Once More

Timothy, that would mean that six bolts came loose and fell out before you knew anything was wrong. That can't be. The thumping would have been crazy with even three bolts lost. All couldn't come out, and even if a few did, that would likely have torn up your transmission flange and stripped the threads.

I know I'm beating this to death, but my dealer sometimes gives me an incomplete explanation and it is annoying. I like to know who did what and what happened.

It sounds to me that your inner CV Joint just went bad and, maybe, nothing else, except for some shock and jolting at the outer CV Joint and wheel carrier.

Just don't know, but still curious. thx
kentv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:15 AM   #2

I have had RUF do work on my car several times and I think Hans is a great guy, but I think some of their techs do sloppy work and have quit using them. I had them do my 60K maintenance and when they handed over my car, it was filthy, the oil filler cap was laying in the trunk (didn't find this out until after I had drove for 5 hours on a trip the day after I picked up the car), and I had an oil leak. It had never leaked before. The leak ended up being a loose oil filter.

When I first bought my Boxster, I had them go through it and fix a few things. This was when the shop first opened and I was extremely pleased with their work and customer service. I had the 60k service done two years later and almost all the techs in the back were different from the ones that originally worked on my car.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote