Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 06:12 AM   #1

Need Help, on Carmax maxcare warranty

I am buying a car tomorrow and need to know how to tranfer the warranty over on my 2001 boxster. I want to make sure I am covered for my 2400 mile journey back from Cali to Ohio. I have googled it and found nothing, I even asked the owner and he has no numbers or any idea. I called carmax and that was a waste of time.

Oh, by the way, Fantastic site here. Very proffesional and informative.

mptoledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:47 AM   #2

if the owner doesn't have numbers, that means he probably doesn't have paperwork. no paperwork, probably means no coverage. if he has the original contract, the documents should have the co that is the "administrator" of the actual warranty, since they're not actually part of carmax. if the seller can't produce any warranty documentation, i would consider the car to not have one.

according to carmax's website:

"Consumer Program Administrators, Inc., Automotive Warranty Services of Florida, Inc. (Florida License No. 60023), Motor Warranty Services of North America and CNA National Warranty Corporation, Inc. You should consult your contract documents for specific information about the MaxCare administrator and insurer of your ESP agreement."
tonycarreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:06 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycarreon
if the owner doesn't have numbers, that means he probably doesn't have paperwork. no paperwork, probably means no coverage. if he has the original contract, the documents should have the co that is the "administrator" of the actual warranty, since they're not actually part of carmax. if the seller can't produce any warranty documentation, i would consider the car to not have one.

according to carmax's website:

"Consumer Program Administrators, Inc., Automotive Warranty Services of Florida, Inc. (Florida License No. 60023), Motor Warranty Services of North America and CNA National Warranty Corporation, Inc. You should consult your contract documents for specific information about the MaxCare administrator and insurer of your ESP agreement."
Thanks for the reply. I found out its under "The warranty group". there is only a $50 transfer fee(THOUGHT IT WOULD BE MORE). It has 2yr and 31k miles left on it. So $50 is a deal.

mptoledo is offline   Reply With Quote