986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   New Pics (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/21085-new-pics.html)

Perfectlap 06-21-2009 09:28 PM

New Pics

finally found the battery to my camera. here are some new pics, been getting many questions about the front bumper, skirting and interior. I upgraded the shift knob to a carbon fiber tequipment, replaced the center console with an 'aluma look' unit which was painted by bumperplugs, replaced the front bumper with the GT3 version and had the whole front end repainted.

Perfectlap 06-21-2009 09:36 PM

hmmm five pic limit, here's two more.

Boxtaboy 06-22-2009 02:24 AM

Looks great. I love those GT3 seats, and the red interior. 2 quick questions- 1. how do you manage to not get front plate tickets being in NJ? I hate running with a front plate, but the cops here track me down if I don't have it on. 2. With the GT3 front bumper being lower than the stock bumper, do you scrape it a lot on inclines or speed bumps? I drive my Boxster to work everyday, and along the way, have to go over speed bumps and steep inclines (in my office's parking garage). Do you think it would be a big problem?

Motobob 06-22-2009 05:34 AM

Very nice... looks great. Bob

Perfectlap 06-22-2009 07:07 AM

been busted for no plate twice. Oddly enough it passed inspection twice! LOL. Gotta love the Newark DMV. anyhoo..I'd rather pay the ticket than give the cops the advantage with their lazer guns. I haven't had a front plate in 10 years, my last car was also a drop top.

The bumper does scrape and I have to be careful. I live in a gated community where they decided to install the biggest speed bumps in the history of dumb ideas. Luckily I don't drive it every day but I drive around it (the sleeping policeman as they call them in Europe) by taking these stupid detours on the way out of the gate and on the way in. :rolleyes:
But definitely worth the inconvenience.

I want to add the Europe spec rear bumper similar to the US 03 version. The stock version sits up too high imo.

Boxtaboy 06-22-2009 07:23 AM

Ah, the price you have to pay to have a great looking car. LOL. Thx. for explaining. The other thing that stinks about the front plate (besides looking bad), is that if someone taps it in a parking lot or in the street, you end up with a nice sized crease where the rear of the plate holder hits the bumper skin. :(

Bobiam 06-23-2009 01:38 PM

On your original bumper, what did you use to highlight the horizontal bars in the radiator grills?

tommy986 06-23-2009 02:44 PM

Where did you purchase the GT3 bumper? Is it made out of OEM material?

thanks