Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 02:22 PM   #1

anyone from arizona?

i didn't see a local area thread here so i thought i just post this as like a roll call

plus i have some questions on finding locations to good shops besides evoms i already go there a lot for my audi, and if anyone knows of german junk yards around the area

EUPHORIAworld YouTube

02 allroad 2.7t:: k04 turbos, piggy pipes, custom exhaust, 48% larger intercoolers, p&p's throttle body, samco y boot. & evo ms; d. valves, v flow intake, giac reflash. 402 mod (18mm/15mm f/r) 628 pull, carbon door handles, blacked out side markers, headlight reflector delete, H.D. lip, headers, 42lbs inj, 4 bar f.p.reg, 255 pump, & intake manifold spacers.

&

03 Boxster
billy@EUPHORIAworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:26 PM   #2

Yea I know of them, why.
PhxBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #3

i need to know the junk yards so i can check them out to see if i can purchase parts cheaper cus i had a little fender bender with a guard rail after a tank slapper experience...bald rears with psm off...whoops

EUPHORIAworld YouTube

02 allroad 2.7t:: k04 turbos, piggy pipes, custom exhaust, 48% larger intercoolers, p&p's throttle body, samco y boot. & evo ms; d. valves, v flow intake, giac reflash. 402 mod (18mm/15mm f/r) 628 pull, carbon door handles, blacked out side markers, headlight reflector delete, H.D. lip, headers, 42lbs inj, 4 bar f.p.reg, 255 pump, & intake manifold spacers.

&

03 Boxster
Old 06-09-2009, 02:45 PM   #4

Used Porsche parts -- try these folks: http://www.20thstreetauto.com/
Sboxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:06 AM   #5

it looks like they only sell the cars as a whole, do you know if they sell body parts off of the cars?

if not i'll just call them and ask

any more places i can check out?

EUPHORIAworld YouTube

&

03 Boxster
Old 06-10-2009, 06:06 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy@EUPHORIAworld
i need to know the junk yards so i can check them out to see if i can purchase parts cheaper cus i had a little fender bender with a guard rail after a tank slapper experience...bald rears with psm off...whoops
How do you experience a "tank slapper" in a car?

First off, a tank slapper is an event that motorcycles can experience when the front suspension of the motorcycle is unloaded during a corner, and the front tire hits a rough road irregularity, that gets transmitted through the front forks, which then causes the handlebars to oscillate uncontrollably, thus the handlebars are repeatedly hitting the tank.

There's nothing (that I know of) that can cause the front tires of a car to go repeatedly lock to lock on its own.

Did you just simply have the back end of your car step out from behind you on a sharp curve?

BC.

'98 Silver Boxster, '08 Ducati 848, '89 Honda Hawk GT, '89 Honda Pacific Coast
Bladecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:03 PM   #7

in this vid 1 min, and 42 sec. it shows a car tank slappin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWDG7N15Drg

but yea bald tires and psm off, i took the corner hard and clutch kicked into 2nd to start a slight drift and it did so but then on the counter steer it just snapped and steered her right into the guard rail with no help from me on the brakes very hard and trying to steer out of it, but it didnt help

EUPHORIAworld YouTube

&

03 Boxster