Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 11:00 AM   #1

Code P1126

OK, so I have searched on here and over at renntech for my CEL code P1126, which for my 2001 2.7 is Oxygen sensing adaptation, lower load range, bank 1. Does this sound like an oxygen sensor as it is only throwing one code? If it was the MAF, I assume codes for both banks 1 and 2 would be triggered. It came on about 5 miles after a fill up so I checked the fuel cap and it was fine. Before I go replacing 02 sensors anyone else have just this code show up?

FYI about a year ago I was getting P1128 and P1130 and found the hose going to the throttle body was almost loose, so that was probably an air leak. Replaced the spring clamp with a screw type clamp, cleared the code and haven;t had an issue until today.

shaman1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:44 PM   #2

hey there

how did this turn out mate?
ive just got p1126 and p1133 - took it to porsche who said o2 sensors and wanted £1000.
have been told tho to clean maf, then replace and then do o2 if none of them work.
any help would be gd
peter

stock163 is offline   Reply With Quote