Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2019, 02:51 PM   #1

Base 986, Mechanical Maintenance Budget $100 per month - Whare to start?

Hi, newb here. Aside from other projects I'm allotting $100 per month for general mechanical maintenance. Oil, plugs, filters, and on and on. The basics. This is a '99 with 152,000 miles. The motor has that dry valve rattle for a second on a cold start. Other than that it seems to run very well.

Bumpers and interior are out so access is improved and I will be pulling the muffler off to polish so better access there, also. I don't have a lift yet and am just starting to build a small garage (that's another thread) specifically for the 986 so I am limited in more complicated projects. I do have a 10x20 storage unit, however.

This will be solely for trans. and motor. I would like to also incorporate cleaning the outside of the trans/motor. So, suggestion as to where I start? Thanks.

Hasbro is offline   Reply With Quote