986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Anyone have a set of plain center wheel caps... (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/20462-anyone-have-set-plain-center-wheel-caps.html)

Bob Z. 04-30-2009 07:16 AM

Anyone have a set of plain center wheel caps...

...the ones that have the Black-outlined Porsche crest? I know a lot of people swap them out for the full-color Porsche crest center wheel caps and put the other ones in the closest. By the way, I have 18" Cayman wheels on my 987S.

Thanks in advance...Bob Z.

Topless 04-30-2009 07:29 AM

I do. What do you think they are worth?

Bob Z. 04-30-2009 07:31 AM

That was quick! I just checked Suncoast's website: $12.95 each...pretty cheap. I am asking since the guy who most likely is buying my car seems to prefer the stock ones, vice the colored/Red ones I had custome made.

Bob Z. 04-30-2009 07:59 AM

Sorry, the guy actually wants the colored wheel centers but without the Red background, which I had custom painted. Maybe someone with a Red car would like to trade? See the pic of mine.

ekam 04-30-2009 08:29 AM

Geez talk about nitpicking... you should've said you'll just take $50 off your asking price and he can go buy his own caps. :p

Bob Z. 04-30-2009 08:33 AM

Not a deal breaker...I like to help out people whenever possible. I like the Red background and it cost over $100 to get them painted...Eric at Bumper Plugs did a perfect job. Mine are actually worth more than the colored ones but then again, someone else needs to appreciate them in order to trade.

ekam 04-30-2009 08:41 AM

I understand you need to do what you can to close the deal.

It'll drive me up the wall, if someone is making a $40k purchase and complain about a set of center caps. Nevermind how much they're worth and he could buy the car and swap them later. I know it's a buyer's market but he/she should be glad you're doing this for him as a favor. That's anal-retentive and I consider myself pretty anal. :o

walt2810 04-30-2009 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Not a deal breaker...I like to help out people whenever possible. I like the Red background and it cost over $100 to get them painted...Eric at Bumper Plugs did a perfect job. Mine are actually worth more than the colored ones but then again, someone else needs to appreciate them in order to trade.

Hey Bob - I sent you a PM, let me know thanks.

walt

Bob Z. 04-30-2009 11:45 AM

PM returned.

If it were me I'd keep the Red ones...they really set off the wheels and make the car. But the buyer is the boss!