986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   PCA awap meet (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/20380-pca-awap-meet.html)

Allen K. Littlefield 04-23-2009 05:48 AM

PCA awap meet

Is anybuddy going to the swap meet in Hershey PA this sat? Is there a time and rally point to meet up with Boxsteroids? Wife and I are heading out tomorrow, check out the auto museum in Hershey and meet area friends for dinner. Staying at the Best Western. What time does it open on Sat morn? We will be in a Silver town & country van so we can bring stuff back if necessary!!!!! NY plates PCA sticker in the window. Hope to see some of you there.

AKL

jmatta 04-23-2009 08:26 AM

I spoke (via email) with Charles Navarro of LN Engineering...he will be there promoting some of his products. Be sure to stop by and say Hello, since he and Jake Raby contribute quite a bit to the Boxster forums, as well as sponsor this site.

renzop 04-23-2009 10:02 AM

Gates open at 7:30 and close at 4:30

http://cpa-pca.org/swap/index.html

The Central PA Region of the Porsche Club of America is once again bringing its world-famous Porsche-Only Swap Meet to Hershey, Pennsylvania, on Saturday, April 25th, 2009. This is without exaggeration the largest event of its kind on the planet. It typically brings nearly 650 vendors, around 1,000 Porsches, and over 6,000 visitors together in Hershey every year. (In 2003 the long-distance award went to a 968 driver from Albuquerque, NM!)

If you’re seeking an obscure Porsche or an obscure part for your Porsche, this is your best chance to find it.

Every dealer and Porsche packrat in a 250-mile radius will be bringing their odds and ends for sale or swap. You’ll see exotic Porsches found nowhere this side of Stuttgart, and Porsche personalities ranging from PCA muckety-mucks to (sometimes) celebrities like Jerry Seinfeld. We’ll once again be featuring a People’s Choice Concours on Saturday, and a Sunday Autocross on the same site. So come Saturday for your parts, install ’em Saturday night, and run ’em Sunday!

• Same location as April 2008
• Largest gathering of Porsches in USA
• Reserved Porsche-Only Parking for over 900 cars
• Porsche-Only Parking $10/car
• Gates open 7:30am & close 4pm
• Event held rain or shine
• Admission is Free, Parking $10/car
• On site food, beverage and clean bathrooms
• ATM within 10min drive
• Peoples Choice Concours
• Porsche Corral $20/car, no pre-reg. nec.
• Reserved Parking for Porsche Caravans
• Porsche-Only Autocross, Sunday the 26th
• No pets/animals allowed

SPACES AVAILABLE DAY OF EVENT $50
PLUS $25 TOWNSHIP FEE

Allen K. Littlefield 04-23-2009 12:05 PM

Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmatta
I spoke (via email) with Charles Navarro of LN Engineering...he will be there promoting some of his products. Be sure to stop by and say Hello, since he and Jake Raby contribute quite a bit to the Boxster forums, as well as sponsor this site.

Thank you very large, I will surely stop by and say hello. Be interesting to see what he and Jake are up to. I appreciate the heads up.

AKL :cheers:

cnavarro 04-23-2009 04:03 PM

Yup, I'll be there - spaces C21 & C22. Nothing really for sale, but lots for show and tell.

Jake Raby 04-23-2009 06:37 PM

I'd be there IF I wasn't working so hard on the engine program.. I don't get out much.. Its all about focus!

Paul 04-23-2009 06:48 PM

You might know the year I can't go, the sun is supposed to be out....

jmatta 04-24-2009 04:29 AM

Charles, I'm looking forward to seeing you and the "new" 2.9 Raby engine at BFR in a couple weeks...hope your wife is looking forward to the event. I assume the engine will be broken in by then!

Wish I could make it to Hershey; never been there before.

Allen K. Littlefield 04-24-2009 04:38 AM

12 noon meeting place.

You may consider dropping by at B-77, Dennis from PA's booth, at 12 noon. Wife and I will drop by then and maybe we can meet some of you firsthand for a change? Dennis has had two engines go on him and is selling off some of his Boxster stuff. I am sure he will have some "interesting" tales about his cross country trips in his late Boxcar. He now drives a Nissan or some other style of rice rocket.

AKL