Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 01:43 PM   #1

Odd problem

Ok so it finally took me like a month to finally piece my car back together just in time for the good weather. This afternoon I got into my car and was driving home and noticed my gas gauge was on E but 20 seconds earlier it was half full which happens to be correct. It happened again shortly before pulling into my driveway .. Anyone have a clue what causes this? I have the durametric software which i was going to run but haven't yet.. anyone have idea?

clb0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:59 PM   #2

maybe in manual

I remember seeing something like that as a topic either in the manual or a web site. I'll check. It had to do with running too low on gas in the tank. Do you do this or empty the tank?
ChefCarnivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:10 PM   #3

I am not sure that is the answer.. I won't rule it out though . The thing is i filled up the car this past Sat. and it never happened until today. I never run the car close to empty .
clb0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:26 AM   #4
pk2

I routinely (every tank) run my tank to the red light. At least twice I've completely run it out of gas (like push it through the intersection, call Triple A). I think you'd do well to trace down the wiring for the sensor to the tank and give the connectors a good cleaning.

Regards, PK