Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2005, 04:36 PM   #1

New members, new advertisers!

I am not sure if you noticed but we are up to 1056 members as of today. This is up about 125 or so from when we took over the site.

Thanks to all of you long timers for sticking with us and welcome to all of you new members; we hope you become veterans of both Porsche ownership and of this forum.

I hope you noticed the new ads that we have inserted in the home page. We are working on bringing on more advertisers, folks who will offer goods and services that you will find interesting and that might fill a need for you. We are also working on a few surprises to deepen the Porsche expertise that already exists on this fine forum.

Many thanks to my partners in this venture, Richard Kwei and our colleages on the technical side (Joe Kwei and Chris Anderson) for their tireless work over the past two months. Actually, it is they who have done all the heavy lifting!

Thanks Partners!

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 08:50 PM   #2
Crazed P-Car enthusiast

I'd like to say thanks to the 3 of you for putting together a great site that has a solid, affable, and knowledgeable community. This is my first stop for Boxster info and the like, and everyone here is friendly and helpful. Keep up the good work.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:02 AM   #3

Talking

Thanks very much. I have to say the overall tenor and attitude on the Forum is very sound. Hats off to Jorge for fostering the right tone for the forum.

Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBox
I'd like to say thanks to the 3 of you for putting together a great site that has a solid, affable, and knowledgeable community. This is my first stop for Boxster info and the like, and everyone here is friendly and helpful. Keep up the good work.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:17 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to YellowJacket
Thanks for all you've done for the board, guys.

When I bought my Boxster, I knew I was going to miss the commeraderie (sp?) of bimmerforums.com. However, I think I've found something that's almost as fun, just as informative, and without the hassle of 14 year old kids posting junk.
YellowJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 09:42 AM   #5

you should try and get in touch with Cardomain.com and maybe run an add over there.
I set up my cardomain web page last night (free) and before I was done uploading and editing all the pictures three people had left compliments. None of whom were Porsche owners. They get a ton of traffic on Sunday night. Might be a good way to sell the Boxster to other car enthusiasts.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 10:19 AM   #6

Thanks for the welcome Bruce. I'm new here and gotta say I love the site. I'm a first time Boxster owner and am very happy to be here.

Keep up the great work!
PasadenaBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 11:48 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowJacket
Thanks for all you've done for the board, guys.

When I bought my Boxster, I knew I was going to miss the commeraderie (sp?) of bimmerforums.com. However, I think I've found something that's almost as fun, just as informative, and without the hassle of 14 year old kids posting junk.

Ahhh, bimmerforums... brings back memories from when I had an M-Coupe. That was the best forum for that car.

http://www.yellowpimp.org/ferrari.jpg
jwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 01:06 PM   #8

Talking

Appreciate the comments! We will continue to work on improving the site.

Thanks