Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2009, 06:26 PM   #1

FYI the CDR220 can play 10 CDs

Hi,
Just wanted to update the group on a recent upgrade. I ordered and installed the SOLISTO http://www.solisto.de/en
It is a vitual cd changer thingy that does away with the cd changer.
It plays IPOD, IPHONE, USB Thumb drives, and AUX ports.
The coolest thing is that I installed it and made 10 virtual CDs on my 2 gig USB drive and now I have 10 CDs with 99 songs on each CD.
I ran a USB cable to the dash and now I can plug the thumb drive in the dash and play songs.

Anyway, Just a cool cheap little thing that makes the box a little bit more modern.

James

Pedro rear stabilizer bar, CF strut braces, Maxspeed headers with 100 cell cats, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes, H&R springs with M030 setup, TRG rear links, EVO air intake, B&M Short shift kit, Raby IMS upgrade, Raby underdrive pulley
jhandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:46 AM   #2

Interesting...which model did you use, where did you place the box, and how much was it? Sorry for the third degree...just an interesting piece.
Keith Newby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:42 AM   #3

simpler solution

Easier than that, I just added a $15 adapter cable to the AUX input of my CDR220 and play currently over one hundred albums and almost 2000 songs in any order or combination. Much simpler to install. 10 minutes and done. connects to any headphone output from any MP3 style player.
drem914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:50 PM   #4

I bought the model with the AUX, IPOD, and USB ports. I placed it under the plastic cover next to the battery, passenger side.
The box is the size of a cigarette box and can really be put anywhere.
the unit was roughly 200$ and was shipped from Germany in 3 days. Even used paypal.

This is better than the using the AUX port on the headunit because it emulates 10 CDs, that way you dont have to scroll to your fav song. AND you can use your IPOD, AND it has a standard AUX port.
Pedro rear stabilizer bar, CF strut braces, Maxspeed headers with 100 cell cats, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes, H&R springs with M030 setup, TRG rear links, EVO air intake, B&M Short shift kit, Raby IMS upgrade, Raby underdrive pulley
jhandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:39 AM   #5

Hello, I Checked The Solisto Web Page And It Looks Pretty Cool !!!
I Have A Question, When You Use The Solisto Connected To A Becker Stereo Does It Show The Name Of The Song On The Becker Display? And Also Has Anyone Tried On A Becker Cdr-210 Unit?

I Also Saw That It Has Blutooth Capabilities, How Good Does It Work?

I Would Really Like To Install One In My Car And Keep The Original Stereo But I Have Seen That Many Of These Devices Always Have Bad Quality Of Sound And They Always Keep You Disapointed, Will It Be Worth?
aparmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:54 AM   #6

I replaced my head unit for just under $200 and it does all that and it isn't "dated" orange *shudders*

stateofidleness is offline   Reply With Quote