Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 06:58 AM   #1

Newbie needs help with S Brake upgrade and handbrake!

Bought my first Boxster a 2000 the other week and the handbrake doesn't work. It was upgraded to S brakes and the shoes don't even come close to the internal drum on the rotor. I read about a special Brembo rotor and maybe a mod that could solve the problem but can't find any specific informaton. Need new rear pads so I was planning to replace the rotors anyway. HELP - I want to drive and I can't get inspection stickers without it working. thanks, Ed

ewysock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:47 AM   #2

I have a 2000 base boxster with the original brakes and they work very well. I think the Brembro system is between $2000-3000. Not worth the price. I would recommend returning to the original system. Check out Suncoast porsche for reasonable prices.

Eric
E Kaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:19 AM   #3

I would return it back to the base rear brakes. I also read there's a brembo rotor that will work but I have no other information other than that.

How could you buy the car like that? I certainly hope the previous owner didn't do other hack jobs on the car.

ekam is offline   Reply With Quote