Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2009, 03:54 PM   #1

US Fidelis extended warranty

I contacted US Fidelis about their extended warranty. Here are my notes from the phone call:

Dave from US Fidelis called to get info about extended warranty
'98 Boxster with 65k miles

Transferred to Mike.
He offered 5 year, 100k (on top of the 65k for total of 165kmiles) with zero deductable.
$485 year for 5 years = $2425
or offered 24 payments at $95 per payment ($2280?)
800-607-8991 x 8274... he wanted $119 today to get it started and then they send out the package.
Would not send out package without a down payment first.... hmmm

So my thoughts about US Fidelis are "Why would they not send me a warranty package without money up front?" How fine in their fine print? What does zero deductable mean to them?

Anyone tried these guys? And anyone tried a claim with them?
Thanks

Old 02-16-2009, 04:02 PM   #2
Fred Demara

I'm glad you asked this question. Do a search for "US Fidelis Fraud" on Google. I believe they were US Auto Warranty Services before they changed the name to US Fidelis. They are being sued by 40 US attorney generals (US Auto)

After my 2nd engine failed, I started shopping for a warranty. I'd love to hear some feedback - I'm not sure US Fidelis is a worthy company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vath2001
I contacted US Fidelis about their extended warranty. Here are my notes from the phone call:

Dave from US Fidelis called to get info about extended warranty
'98 Boxster with 65k miles

Transferred to Mike.
He offered 5 year, 100k (on top of the 65k for total of 165kmiles) with zero deductable.
$485 year for 5 years = $2425
or offered 24 payments at $95 per payment ($2280?)
800-607-8991 x 8274... he wanted $119 today to get it started and then they send out the package.
Would not send out package without a down payment first.... hmmm

So my thoughts about US Fidelis are "Why would they not send me a warranty package without money up front?" How fine in their fine print? What does zero deductable mean to them?

Anyone tried these guys? And anyone tried a claim with them?
Thanks
Old 02-16-2009, 06:54 PM   #3

Beware Warranty Direct. One of our members, TheNavarro, had to take them to arbitration to get reimbursed for a blown engine on his Boxster. They love to take your money but they hate to pay out.
Norminhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:04 PM   #4

i never bought an extended warranty - but my local dealer ONLY sells third party warranties from "Fidelity"..... before I bought the car it had an extended warranty that went up to 75k miles from "Fidelity" and they paid out ON EVERY CLAIM while my dad owned the car. RMS repair, new cats, new top, new dash...they paid more than the warranty cost....

now i'm rolling around w/no warranty hoping that nothign goes boom...

on a side note - if my motor blew, i plan to do a 3.4L swap.

if you HAD a warranty and HAD a failure - will warranty companies work wtih you to apply the $$ to a swap or will they say "fix it back to stock or we won't pay"...???? so if you WANTED to do a swap you would have no way to do it?
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:55 PM   #5

[QUOTE=Fred Demara]

After my 2nd engine failed, I started shopping for a warranty. QUOTE]

GAHHH! Stop saying stuff like this! I'm looking at used boxsters this weekend and this kind of talk freaks me out.
Fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:03 PM   #6
Fred Demara

[QUOTE=Fastback]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Demara

After my 2nd engine failed, I started shopping for a warranty. QUOTE]

GAHHH! Stop saying stuff like this! I'm looking at used boxsters this weekend and this kind of talk freaks me out.
Sorry if the facts upset you...1st engine died at 40k, second at 82k.

If it makes you feel any better...I like this car better than my 04 M3, and my 99 996....so spending 13k for a new engine every 40thousand miles is worth it
Old 02-19-2009, 10:30 PM   #7

Check their BBB rating as well. Stay well away from these guys. I've read transcripts online of people that have gotten offers dropped 50% in 5 minutes. All they want is your money - whatever amount that they can get, as they have no intention of paying it out. Ever.

bkiersz is offline   Reply With Quote