986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   After Market Top Comparisions? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/19217-after-market-top-comparisions.html)

gotmud 01-04-2009 02:16 PM

After Market Top Comparisions?

If this is on the board somewhere please forgive me I couldnt find it.
Has anyone done a comparision of the tops avaiable for 01 Boxter S's?
Mine has a water leak big time so Im just going to replace it.

Any thoughts on yours if you bought one and installed would be welcome also.
I plan on installing it myself.
Thanks
Glenn

Lil bastard 01-04-2009 03:23 PM

Not trying be to difficult, but this topic has been done to death... not much anyone can add that hasn't already been said, several times.

Use the search function and look for soft top, convertible top, GAHH, Robbins, etc. You're likely to find hours worth of reading.

gotmud 01-04-2009 05:05 PM

I guess I figured that but for what ever reason I couldnt find it earlier today.
Thanks Lil Bastard Ill do the deal again.
G

sparkycrash 01-04-2009 06:50 PM

in exile...somewhat political

I am mostly an observer on this board, and really appreciate all I can learn from those who know much more than me about these great cars.....but...as a republican and SOMEONE who voted for the current President the first time (with much regret)....I would appreciate it if you just stick to the car talk and take the links somewhere else!

We can'd do much worse than the last 8 years....

Crash :mad:

cvhs18472 01-05-2009 02:54 AM

Yes we could.

Rob-00BoxsterS 01-05-2009 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvhs18472
Yes we could.

Agreed. May have been able to do better, but could definitely have done a lot worse

E Kaplan 01-05-2009 06:19 AM

Replaced my top on my 2000 Boxster with a GAHH top with glass window and defroster. Excellent quality. Love having a glass window and I do use the defroster often in Florida. Had a GAHH recommended shop install the top. Strongly recommend getting a GAHH.

Eric

superglide 01-10-2009 11:32 AM

Ditto for me; and I also have an '00 S type. GAHH is a fine product, got the color I wanted all along, and my only comment is that my glass window is a bit smaller than the original plastic one, and is a bit in the way, when working on the engine, in the service position. But it does have the defrost function.

The 2 times I've replaced the top now, have taken 8hrs labor, and cost exactly $400, in two different states. This is definitely NOT a DIY for 99% of us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by E Kaplan
Replaced my top on my 2000 Boxster with a GAHH top with glass window and defroster. Excellent quality. Love having a glass window and I do use the defroster often in Florida. Had a GAHH recommended shop install the top. Strongly recommend getting a GAHH.

Eric