Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2008, 04:01 AM   #1

Drivers door sqeaking noise solution

I've had an annoying sqeaking noise coming from my drivers door whenever I went over any rough surfaces (only when the top was down). I found a 2007 thread on the site with the solution.

Place electrical tape around the door latch connected to the body of the car.
That's it! No more noise.

Just thought some of you might want to know about this if you have the same problem.

Eric

E Kaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:49 AM   #2
Dai

I have the same problem and I always thought that it was the window. Do you have the link to that thread? Could you take a picture of what you did so that I can try it out and see if my noise issue is the same as your. Thanks for sharing with us.
Dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:17 PM   #3

see post #19 in this thread if you think it's the door latch. Otherwise, it might be the guide wire on the convertible top (also covered in thread but up higher) or something inside the door.

Thread Here from Aug/Sept 2007

Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:02 PM   #4

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Actually the tape is just a quick fix. Reason why it rattles is because the door is tilted at a slight angle... What I like to call "IROC'd doors" cause iroc cameros always suffer this problem cause when the doors are open someone leans on them or driving miles n miles with the door not closed completely.

If when u close ur door before u taped it up, if I sounds like it hits the doors striker plate pretty viciously before coming to a complete close... Then u have the issue I'm reffering to.

On Monday when I get the shop I'll post directions on how to properly set the doors angle so it doesn't rattle anymore.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:32 AM   #5

Thanks CJ. The drivers side door closes fine, no different than the passenger side door. But, would appreciate your info on fixing the problem correctly.
Eric
E Kaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 05:15 AM   #6

Interested in that info as well.
funkdefino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 07:33 AM   #7
Dai

My door doesn't rattle because when the top and window are up, the noise is not there but if I have both of them down, the noise will be there. The noise only happen when I hit bumpy road. I have to check this out in spring.

Dai is offline   Reply With Quote