Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2008, 06:54 AM   #1

Garage
Merry Christmas Forum Friends!

From my family to yours I'd like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas. I hope the fat man brought you all the accessories and engine upgrades you all asked for. I heard he was falling behind in his deliveries (one of the reindeer "blew" a seal ) so he jumped into his specially prepped 986 with a 3.8L twin turbo and finished the job well ahead of schedule.

May God bless you all and watch over your friends and family in these trying times.

Old 12-25-2008, 07:09 AM   #2

Thanks Jax.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 07:34 AM   #3

Thanks!
Old 12-25-2008, 07:47 AM   #4

Merry Christmas and Remember Your Blessings........

coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 08:00 AM   #5

Merry Christmas to all. (Got new Lloyd mats for the interior and trunk with Boxster emblem and got cover for door locks from bumper plugs). Hope your holiday was as enjoyable as mine.

Eric
E Kaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 08:41 AM   #6

Merry Christmas to all

Just removed some of the 'global warming ice' off the driveway. Waiting for spring or a warm weekend where I can get to friends house to install my already bought Stebro 2nd cat delete pipes so the 'gift' of more sound will have to wait. I guess I will have to work on my model trains while waiting for warm weather. Have a good day and mind the grog nog!!!

AKL
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 10:41 AM   #7
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
Thanks and Merry Christmas!
I am looking into a few upgrades with some of my Christmas Cash!
Old 12-25-2008, 11:46 AM   #8

Thanks and Merry Christmas all...Santa needed to bring me a larger snowblower! After the foot or so of snow, now we are to receive freezing rain (read ice) overnight. I feel sorry for the holiday travelers; can't be much fun out there.
PCA DE Instructor circa '95

Last edited by jmatta; 12-26-2008 at 09:35 AM.
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 11:51 AM   #9

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to all ...

I recieved a voice mail message from my best friend who is over in Iraq this morning on my cell phone. Damn near brought a tear to my eye as I haven't had a verbal (non-email) conversation with him since he left a while back. Whether you support the war or not, try and keep those in mind who could not be with their families this year as well as those less fortuate than us. After all, if we're on this site, we're pretty lucky.

Thanks Jax, and all the best for a happy and safe 2009 to everyone on the forum! I can't wait to see what kind of threads this next year brings.

9eighty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 01:49 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatta
Thanks and Merry Christmas all...Santa needed to bring me a larger snowblower! After the foot or so of snow, now we are to receive freezing rain (read ice) overnight. I feel sorry for the holiday travelers; can't be much fun out there.

Beautiful home you have there! Don't worry about the snow, GW will be here soon to take it all away. NOT!

Merry Christmas.

Old 12-25-2008, 03:14 PM   #11
Track rat

Garage
Merry Christmas to all! No automotive toys under the tree this year but I did get a 2lb Makita cordless that will be put to good use. Very thankful, blessings counted.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:27 PM   #12

"If I could work my will, every idiot who goes about with 'Merry Christmas' on his lips, should be boiled with his own pudding...." E. Scrooge

Don't listen to him!!!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all!!!

1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 06:24 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatta
Nice picture , but obviously you haven't heard about global warming. I hope you get Al Gore's book for christmas. Happy holidays!
gmboxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 05:53 AM   #14

Santa brought me Kirk's Gembella springs! Thanks Kirk. Now I have to wait for it to get warmer in the garage. My neighbor installed a Hot Dog garage heater and it's sweet! I'm so getting a garage heater for next Xmas!

How may of you midwest guys have a garage heater and what do they run cost wise?

-Steve
JL Audio 6.5 inch subs (in the door)
Pyramid 4 channel amp
chitowndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 06:35 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreseller
Merry Christmas and Remember Your Blessings........

I love that car. Got to get me one someday!

Old 12-26-2008, 06:38 AM   #16

Merry Christmas yesterday to all of you!

This was the first year in five years of Pcar ownership that I did not receive anything for Christmas that was Porsche related. I did get a very nice Montblanc wallet though, which I really wanted.

Let us all say a prayer New Year's Eve that there's more extra cash in our accounts next December and that our economic times will be behind us for the most part. I'm ready for my business' phones to start ringing again!
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 06:48 AM   #17

Garage
Quote;

"Now I have to wait for it to get warmer in the garage. My neighbor installed a Hot Dog garage heater and it's sweet! I'm so getting a garage heater for next Xmas!

How may of you Midwest guys have a garage heater and what do they run cost wise?"

Remember, if you use a torpedo heater (kerosene), propane or non-vented natural gas you will need to watch for carbon monoxide poising. Yes they put out tons heat but nearly 100% of it exhaust fumes. All heaters of those types say to provide adequate ventilation.

For a garage, the use of electric, radiant heaters are safe and possibly more economical than petroleum based heaters. Plus you don't have to refill the tanks.

I'm fortunate to have a 30'x40' insulated shop with a vented propane furnace. Lots of personal (no wife) space is the great when working on your toys.

Last edited by Jaxonalden; 12-26-2008 at 06:51 AM.
Jaxonalden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 07:26 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitowndad
Santa brought me Kirk's Gembella springs! Thanks Kirk. Now I have to wait for it to get warmer in the garage. My neighbor installed a Hot Dog garage heater and it's sweet! I'm so getting a garage heater for next Xmas!

How may of you midwest guys have a garage heater and what do they run cost wise?

-Steve

I spent a year pining over this very subject. Looked at electric ceiling mount units, by far and away the nicest option but lack of close 220 (or 221, whatever it takes) shut that door. I ended up going the cheap route and am thankful now that I have had it a couple of years. I bought a plain old 23k btu round kerosene heater for ~ 100 bucks, heats things up in the 3 car beautifully. You can buy scented additive for the fuel and remember to crack a window.

Santa forgot to bring me any cool car stuff but did provide me with the best presents of all; 3 happy kids and a contented wifey......priceless.

Here's to a GREAT 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 07:31 AM   #19

Santa forgot to bring me any cool car stuff but did provide me with the best presents of all; 3 happy kids and a contented wifey......priceless.

You are a wise man!

Old 12-26-2008, 08:42 AM   #20

Merry "after" Christmas to you all! I didn't really ask for anything this Christmas coz' wifey already gave me a Griots last Fathers Day plus, our financial situation right now is the one dictating on how to spend our money.

We both agree that we are going to skip each others gift and give some to our kids instead.

I just want to say that the Year of 08' really teach me how to handle my finances. What a year it was!

And coreseller, I am with you on this one, got myself 3 kids too and a contented wifey.

unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote