986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Rubber Air Deflectors in Front of Rear Wheels (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/19043-rubber-air-deflectors-front-rear-wheels.html)

turbo23dog 12-13-2008 12:38 PM

Rubber Air Deflectors in Front of Rear Wheels

Help! Need to order the rubber parts just in front of the rear tires. These are some kind of air dam or air deflector but I don't know the name or the part numbers. I tried searching in the on-line parts catalog diagrams but can't seem to locate it.

Anyone know the name or the part number for these bits?

TIA,

Burg Boxster 12-13-2008 12:50 PM

on the 986...

driver's side is:
986.504.393.0001c

passenger side is:
986.504.394.0001c

Typically run $42-45 from Sunset or Suncoast Porsche. Installation is a breeze as well...

:)

turbo23dog 12-13-2008 02:25 PM

Thanks for quick response!

schnellman 12-13-2008 04:59 PM

Bottom Edge Falling Off

The guards are good on my car, but the edge piece wants to fall off. So far I've caught it each time and pushed the pegs back into the holes. Is there some kind of adhesive I could use to make the thing stay in place? Or, must I buy a new edge piece? And what would hold the new one in place?

Jaxonalden 12-13-2008 06:21 PM

I replaced mine with the Aero II skirts (below), I now have those parts sitting in my spare parts cache. If you want mine I'll send them to you.

P.S. Turbo23dog, this offer is for you. If you don't want them Schnellman said he'll take 'em.

Allen K. Littlefield 12-14-2008 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schnellman
The guards are good on my car, but the edge piece wants to fall off. So far I've caught it each time and pushed the pegs back into the holes. Is there some kind of adhesive I could use to make the thing stay in place? Or, must I buy a new edge piece? And what would hold the new one in place?

I had the same problem with my drivers side. The bottom edge kept coming loose and hanging down. Embarrassing when my friend pointed it out to me. The bottom piece is a force fit with rubber cone shaped studs that force fit in. Mine were smooth in shape as the previous owner must have hit something that tore it loose smoothing out the base of the cones so they no longer would hold in place.

It was an easy replacement that requires removing the wheel. One screw is underneath the rear wheel liner. Liner is not hard to loosen so you can gain access to the small screw at the top of the "canard" or air dam. I didn't break anything in the process so you know that mortals will have an easy job of it. Check out some of the discount houses as they are having specials and I believe you can do a lot better than $45.

AKL

turbo23dog 12-15-2008 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaxonalden
I replaced mine with the Aero II skirts (below), I now have those parts sitting in my spare parts cache. If you want mine I'll send them to you.

P.S. Turbo23dog, this offer is for you. If you don't want them Schnellman said he'll take 'em.

You have PM and and thanks for the Christmas present!!!!!!!!!!!

Rich

Jaxonalden 12-15-2008 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schnellman

Sorry about the guards Schnellman, Turbo23 took 'em. I do think I have a fix for your rubber edge pieces though. Epoxy, it's a quick permanent fix. Just mix it up and spread it on, once in place it will dry in minutes! That is as long as you can't pull the rubber tits all the way through the holes until they lock.

gerrygug 12-17-2008 02:22 PM

http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=P&Product_Code =986flap&Category_Code=POTEBXEX

Are these what you are looking for?