Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2008, 08:13 AM   #1

Zeintop pricing

For those of you who have purchased a Zeintop, how much did you pay? I emailed Zeintec directly to get a price quote as I was fed up with dealing with their US dealers that all have a different price.

Zeintec's response was that they had nixed all their US dealers due to price gouging and marking it up as much as 80% with a maaco type paint job. Out the door with primer, ready to be painted is $2200. That seems fair to me considering a Porsche hardtop is around $2000+. I just have to have it painted which I would've done anyway because, if you have someone paint it without ever looking at your car and going solely off a paint code....it won't match.

I'm going by my shop today to see what he would charge me to paint the hardtop.

I just might have a Zeintop after the first of the year.

yellowboxster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 09:11 AM   #2

I paid GBP2,200 including painting and shipping. That was when they had a 35% discount offer on in the summer.

Yellow might be harder to match, but my arctic silver top matches the car perfectly.

Order now and it'll probably arrive late February / early March. The general consensus is that they take 3 months from the date of payment (mine actually took a little over 4 including 2 weeks shipping).
Chippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 09:17 AM   #3

zeintop

Is shipping included in that quote?
jrblackbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:06 PM   #4
Dai

I paid $5,000US that is including paint and shipping to Calgary, Canada. Your quote is pretty good there. There is so much snow on it right now and I have to take a picture once the snow stop falling to show you guys. I love the Zeintop in this bitter cold climate here.
Dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 09:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrblackbox
Is shipping included in that quote?
This is what I submitted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowboxster01
What is the price of the Zeintop? I have heard, 20% off, 35% off, and seen more than 3 different retail prices. I looked into buying one a while back but, was quoted two different numbers and then was reluctant to deal with that dealer. If I could get a straight forward answer on what the cost with delivery would be I could make more of an informed decision on a great looking product.
Here's the response
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeintec
We have subsequently rid ourselves of all US dealers who have been contaminating the market with spraypainting prices which varied by as much as 80%. The Zeintop is sold ex-works as a primed only part like all other parts manufacturers do. The colour matching, spraying and assembly can be done at home OR by the professionals. We can supply you from here until we appoint a dealer who will be an exclusive importer and assembler of tops for us.

We charge US$2200 for a Zeintop with primed GRP parts and ALL accessories to spray and fit to a car.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:18 AM   #6

They don't specifically say that the $2,200 is the delivered price, so although that's what you asked for I would not assume that. $2,200 delivered would be a sweet deal. Based on some body work I recently had done and the cost of painting I think you'd be looking at about $1,000 to $1,500 for a quality job. It depends a bit on how much finishing work still needs to be done. Even though it's shipped primered that doesn't mean that it's totally free of pits and waves. The body shop that paints it might want to spend some time still smoothing it out and getting everything perfectly even. That's probably the biggest variable in the cost.

Let us know if you find out anything further....

Kirk
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:32 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk
They don't specifically say that the $2,200 is the delivered price, so although that's what you asked for I would not assume that. $2,200 delivered would be a sweet deal. Based on some body work I recently had done and the cost of painting I think you'd be looking at about $1,000 to $1,500 for a quality job. It depends a bit on how much finishing work still needs to be done. Even though it's shipped primered that doesn't mean that it's totally free of pits and waves. The body shop that paints it might want to spend some time still smoothing it out and getting everything perfectly even. That's probably the biggest variable in the cost.

Let us know if you find out anything further....

Kirk
I found that out this morning when I got an email back from them. $450 to ship it to Tulsa because, I'm inland. If you're on the coast shipping should be quite a bit cheaper.

As far as the painting goes, that's a "hookup" price. I used to work at the shop I went for the estimate and am still very good friends with the owner. Same painter for 25 years, they put out the best work in this part of the country. People come from states away to have them restore cars. But, truth be told that usually is the case.

www.huberrestorations.com