Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2008, 01:54 PM   #1

Durametric software saved me $$$!

I received an airbag service light after the car stereo guys took out my passenger seat to install the 'brain' of the touch screen. I took it to the dealer here in Austin and the dealer told me they would charge me 600 bucks to reset both the airbag and the A/C codes. They wouldn't cover it under my warranty because they told me it was my fault. I got the durametric software/cable for $250 and it reset all my 'false codes' within seconds.

Not only did it give reset the false codes, but also told me about other false codes. It's probably the best investment I've put into my boxster! I recommend it to all of you guys.

chig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:05 PM   #2

Nice... if I ever have need... I'm calling YOU!

Oh, was this Roger Beasley? I haven't had them do much, but got the impression they were pretty fair. Surprised they'd charge you that much just to reset some codes. I had asked them about a new key for my car... the service writer said they'd only charge an hour of labor plus the parts... for several keys if I wanted.

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:01 PM   #3

Of course man...just hit me up.

Yes, it was Roger Beasley. I had a few codes and normally, they would cover it under my extended warranty, but it was due to the idiot installer that put in my in-dash DVD player. They put the brain under the passenger seat and well...not only did he break the clip that sets off the 'airbag' light, but the foam under the glove box and behind the seat. It's a long story...all I have to say is, "when the install price is too good to be true...it's probably is."

Anyway, the durametric was on this forum and people raved about it. I was a little worried since it's not an official Porsche software product, but it worked great!
chig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:40 PM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to TimAustinW
Me too!!!

:dance:

When I first got my Boxster Doger Weasley quoted me around $250 for an oil change. Ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrayAdjacent
Nice... if I ever have need... I'm calling YOU!

Oh, was this Roger Beasley? I haven't had them do much, but got the impression they were pretty fair. Surprised they'd charge you that much just to reset some codes. I had asked them about a new key for my car... the service writer said they'd only charge an hour of labor plus the parts... for several keys if I wanted.
02 Seal Grey, NHP Headers w/ Highflow Cats/2ndary Bypass Pipes, smoked side markers/3rd brake light, exterior match interior trim, 986 Lloyds Mats, 986 deck lid emblem, arctic silver intake grills, ipod link, painted calipers, Glass Window Robbins Top with defroster kit, Bose Sound System, Leather lower door panels, Console Lid w embroidered crest; Stainless door sills; Painted Bumperettes; Custom Hood Crest
TimAustinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:35 PM   #5

Garage
I had to replace my drivers side door lock and that included removing the door panel and unplugging the air bag. Once replaced, I ops checked the door latch to insure the window would stay down with the latch open. I didn't plug the air bag in and that caused a fault light on the dash.

The dealer quoted me $100 to clear the light, BS. I bought the Durametric cable and software and cleared it myself. I now can clear any other codes or any of my friend's codes saving us hundreds of dollars we can now spend on other things. :dance: I feel, if your in a group of local Porsche enthusiasts, one of these tools should be added to your tool bag to help others out.

With it plugged in, while the engines running or driving down the road, you can watch real time parameters (any 6 at a time) and record it to a laptop.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:36 AM   #6

I agree that I have a Durametric and It saved me also a lot of troubles
just sad that they don't release new features, like reprograming thing in the computer, that the PST2 would do..

vipola is offline   Reply With Quote