Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2008, 08:48 AM   #1

New Forum Sponsor -DasSchild

Please welcome Ron & Jim from DasSchild as forum sponsors.

One of their ads can be found down the left hand side of each page and will take you to their site.

What do they have???click on their ad to find out.

Thanks,
RKwei

rkwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:08 AM   #2

Welcome !

Nice product!

One suggestion, there need to be 2 reinforced holes placed in the front shield to accomodate the bungy hooks for the hood piece of the oem bra.

Right now, I have to remove that section of the shield and work the hooks/bungy behind it, not the best arrangement.

I could drill a couple holes in it, but without being reinforced, I worry that putting the hooks in it would tear the plastic shield.
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:47 AM   #3
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
I've heard nothing but good things about these. But there a little pricey.
Do members get a discount?
Old 08-27-2008, 09:50 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000
I got mine several years ago and they were a little pricey I guess, but seemed cheap compared to the hood/trunk damage they help prevent. IIRC, there was a PCA discount offered.

If forum discounts are offered, any retroactivity...???
1999 Porsche Boxster

Old 08-27-2008, 12:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000
Hello, Jim here, - Partly responsible for trying to protect all those naked lids out there. As a sponsor I think we would have to offer some kind of group buy -Assuming we have interested members in covering up...

LB- Have you tried removing the middle clip on the outside edges for hook placement?
SCHILD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHILD
Hello, Jim here,...LB- Have you tried removing the middle clip on the outside edges for hook placement?
I did, but that thing is in there tight! I was afraid I was going to ruin the clip, so I just lifted it up and got the hook underneath, leaving the edge on both sides loose. This works, but pinches the trunk seal pretty good.
1999 Porsche Boxster

Old 08-27-2008, 02:22 PM   #7

Don't worry about the clip. Since the liner is held with multiple clips(10), you can remove the middle side clips and leave them out. You may want to pull the liner down(grap a corner and tug) and then remove the clips and reinstall. If necessary, we offer free clip replacement.

Jim
Old 08-27-2008, 02:48 PM   #8

From personal experience, I can attest that this is an outstanding product - extremely well made, and I can't understand why the car doesn't come with these to begin with. No affiliation with Das Schild except as a very happy customer with their product on 2 cars right now
geoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 03:18 PM   #9

Ron and Jim are probably very, very happy that Porsche didn't think of adding these to the car in production... they're making a tidy profit off Porsche's misgivings.

The PO of my car jammed all sorts of crap in the trunks and I have nasty reverse dings in both lids. When I finally put the car in the body shop for a full tear down restoration body work and paint job, you can count on me buying a set.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:46 PM   #10

"The PO of my car jammed all sorts of crap in the trunks and I have nasty reverse dings in both lids. When I finally put the car in the body shop for a full tear down restoration body work and paint job, you can count on me buying a set."

Geoff, thank you! It's always great to hear from our existing costumers, and the fact that you're a repeat customer is a compliment in its self. Hope to meet you at the Ventura show, from what i remember your in the Malibu area.

Randall,
I took a look at your site, and think it is amazing that you asked strangers to donate money to help you buy your Porsche, and it worked! Let us know when your ready to paint your Boxster, I can recommend a high quality body and paint shop in LA. Hopefully a PDR guy was able to remove your trunk lid dings. The aluminum lids didn't come out til 05, if the paint is not cracked at the points of each ding, they may be able to get most of them out.

preserve protect enhance
SCHILD

Last edited by SCHILD; 08-28-2008 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:41 AM   #11

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
In your banner at the top you have the words "right their and then." You are using the wrong 'their.' It should be 'there.'

It's not about the summit, it's about the climb.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q46/chills1138/2.jpg
Chills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:56 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHILD
I took a look at your site, and think it is amazing that you asked strangers to donate money to help you buy your Porsche, and it worked! Let us know when your ready to paint your Boxster, I can recommend a high quality body and paint shop in LA. Hopefully a PDR guy was able to remove your trunk lid dings. The aluminum lids didn't come out til 05, if the paint is not cracked at the points of each ding, they may be able to get most of them out.
Oddly enough, I STILL get donations. A while back a young guy from Italy gave me $20 because he said I owned his dream car and he'd never be able to afford one ...so he wanted to help me out. It's hilarious... I did that as a joke for my friends.

The paint is cracked on the front, but not the back. As far as painting the car, there are a couple of good Porsche 2-step paint process approved shops here in Houston that work exclusively on Pcars, Ferraris, etc. I think I'd rather save the transportation money and use them instead of sending the car to LA. But thanks for the thought!
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:00 AM   #13

They work...

I installed the Schild pieces not long after buying my 987. From the marks they have on their surfaces, the front and rear lids have been protected from any dents or dings produced from the interior compartment. And the hoods look better when open anyway. Should be standard equipment on any Porsche car
IMO, especially considering their light weight.

davzin is offline   Reply With Quote