Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2008, 07:25 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCats
Hmm, amazing how MNBoxster and Lil Bastard owned the exact same cars :
Yep, the Charleston restaurant thread that LB responded to sounded just like MN, now that you've pointed it out. He slammed my recommendations as being "tourist traps", then pointed out some tourist traps of his own as being superior. I should have known.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:54 PM   #22
bmussatti

Hey Guys,

Grizzly is doing great! Don't worry about him. The world is a better place because of men and heros like him!

NickCats saw him out east about 6 weeks ago.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:10 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
Hey Guys,

Grizzly is doing great! Don't worry about him. The world is a better place because of men and heros like him!

NickCats saw him out east about 6 weeks ago.
Thanks for that update. I'm going to have to ping him when I get back home.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:04 PM   #24

This post got fun.

I don't support the "MNBoxster is Lil Bastard" theory. Their writing and punctuation is too different. And that's something I really don't think one could fake without making it look drastically obvious. One thing MN did was capitalize certain nouns that did not merit capitalization. I think he did that to stress words. Also, he rarely misspelled a word. I've seen a couple misspellings with Lil B.

I liked MN. One time I went on a rampage about one of his posts that I really liked, but it came off sarcastic. One might find him on the Lotus boards.

You know who I miss... Rail26. Talk about informative posts... ha! That guy.
He's off being a Superhero too, but I hope him, his lady, and his car are doing swell.
2000 Porsche Boxster | SOLD | http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9114

http://www.kryzak.com/storage/986sig12.jpg

http://kryzak.tumblr.com
Old 07-24-2008, 09:43 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeph
One thing MN did was capitalize certain nouns that did not merit capitalization. I think he did that to stress words.
After additional review, I may have to second guess myself. I notice this capitalization when I'm actually looking for it.

Lil B, if you are not MNBoxster, my condolences for the awkwardness this must impose. And if you ARE, nicely played. Nicely played indeed.

Oh it's like a delicious spy novel -I love it!
2000 Porsche Boxster | SOLD | http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9114

http://www.kryzak.com/storage/986sig12.jpg

http://kryzak.tumblr.com
Old 07-25-2008, 03:39 AM   #26

I just don't see it. Hard to put in words, but (while I found him informative and generally a nice guy) MNBox from time-to-time left me slightly PO'd after reading his posts. He just had a air of self-perceived superiority and condescension in his discussions that drove me crazy, at least on occasion. That's never been my perception with LB.

So, who knows?

By the way, Lil Bastard, if you're reading this, I wanted to get your opinion on something: I accidentally put Redline Water Wetter liquid (only about 60ml or 0.12 pints or 0.06 quarts or 0.015 gallons) into the GAS TANK instead of the regular S-1 fuel injector cleaner.

Don't ask me why, it was really careless as I did this in the dark and both bottles look very similar

I have tried driven it for about 45 minutes and the engine ran just fine (no codes, no hesitation, basically just normal). My gas tank was full with 104 octane gasoline, so the ratio of this accidental mix is quite low.

Should I take the polluted gasoline out and replace it with new one? I'm not sure what's in the Redline Water Wetter, possibly Ethylene glycol + water or some sorts.

Any help is much appreciated.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:30 AM   #27
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeph
You know who I miss... Rail26. Talk about informative posts... ha! That guy.
He's off being a Superhero too, but I hope him, his lady, and his car are doing swell.
Hey Jeph, I really miss Rail26 too. When he came back a few months ago from his last round of duty (+ 6 months), his wife announced that she wanted a divorce. Bummer. After that post, we have not heard from Rail since. Very sad. I hope he is doing well and comes back here some day again.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:52 AM   #28

I think I know how to draw Jim out:

THE LOTUS ESPRIT IS ABSOLUTELY THE WORST CAR EVER MADE AND IS MUCH LESS RELIABLE THAN ANY PORSCHE ON THE ROAD.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s..._kill/Siga.jpg
Old 07-25-2008, 06:02 AM   #29

Well...this is sure a great big can of worms I've opened up here!
While it is all very interesting,I hope that I have not offended anyone in the process.
Personally, I think they are 2 different people. Let me say that I have read and enjoyed, and have been informed by, posts from both authors.

Sheesh...all I wanted was information about where I could buy Esso 71141,
other than the stealership.

BTW...the dealership here in Calgary wants 600.00 for the fluid ALONE!

Again,apologies...if required.

Cheers
Mike
Old 07-25-2008, 06:12 AM   #30

I have rated this thread 5 stars

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s..._kill/Siga.jpg
Old 07-25-2008, 06:56 AM   #31

Smile

I live in Minnesota. Let me know the color of his Boxster and I will keep an eye out for him. I am heading over to Carousel Porsche in a few minutes and will ask if they have seen him.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:57 AM   #32
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISUnorth
I live in Minnesota. Let me know the color of his Boxster and I will keep an eye out for him. I am heading over to Carousel Porsche in a few minutes and will ask if they have seen him.
MNBoxster's car is also pictured in LB's signiture. Same car. Same window sticker. Same parking lot. Same background.

Coincidence?

Ya sure!

Old 07-25-2008, 09:55 AM   #33

Here we have LB's signature photo

And here a photo of Jim's car from his detailing thread
Update: Griot's Random Orbital
Notice the front wheels are angled in both photos, the spokes are in the same position relative to the car, car position relative to faded white lines is the same, identical color and texture of the parking lot surface, and the same crack in the parking lot surface under the rear half of the vehicle

On to the next photo
http://986forum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6405
This time we have a shot looking at the front of the car. Again we see the angled front tires and shadows from the wheels and bumper match LB's signature photo. In the sig we see a lighter green tree behind the seats. In this front-on shot a very similar tree is behind the driver side mirror. As for the vegetation, in both shots is nicely cut grass, followed by overgrown rough, and then dense trees.

One last thing. The signature photo file name is DSC_0034 and Jim's detail photos are DSC_0028 - DSC_0045. It's in the range.

Frankly I don't care who LB is but overwhelming evidence indicates that either he is MNBoxster or he "borrowed" the signature photo.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:04 AM   #34
EE3racing

Ahhh you guys are wayy off,

Now if someone new shows up with the handle "big ************************ Bastard", then I'm looking for the similarities. Since we are all trading our favorite MN stories, I liked the yarn about winning thousands in Vegas gambling with reckless abandon like he was James Freaking Bond.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:05 AM   #35

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
^^
damn man, been watching CSI lately?

good call tho, seems to be the same car.

i do miss Jim tho, he helped me out a lot, but that one thread was pretty funny tho
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
Old 07-25-2008, 10:11 AM   #36

You know this occurred to me as well (not that's its a big deal) but I remember how well MN's Boxster looked after he deswirled using an orbital.
When I saw that pic of the red/tan I said "hmm...I never forget a face or Porsche!"

I thought LB was the guy with the 550 with the red tail stripes, because it said lil' bastard on the rear deck.

Although MN's replies were VERY informative on factual basis and his opinions were equally rich. I didn't get either from the nome de puis(sp?).
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Old 07-25-2008, 11:08 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
Although MN's replies were VERY informative on factual basis and his opinions were equally rich.
He was very verbose, and was always quick to post helpful technical information. Just don't confuse posting technical info with knowledge... he was caught several times cut-n-pasting long descriptions as if he wrote them, just to find that he had simply copied them from some website or document. One example that sticks out in my mind was a thread about torque and horsepower. He posted a well-written explanation, but then I did a quick web search and found the web site he had copied it from. IIRC, he claimed to be a writer of some sort, but stealing someone else's writings without giving them credit would be a huge no-no with a writer.

Oh well... google is your friend.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:19 AM   #38

ha I believe one time he said his cut and paste was okay because he actually wrote the information on Wikipedia under a different name...

More important, all visitors to this thread, take a good look at his boxster, that IS the only acceptable boxster configuration possible..anyone who deambers, or paints side vents, or adds a boost gauge, or does any manipulation is a "ricer"..

my favorite was when he told an owner contemplating 19" wheels that they were simply too big, and the car should be left as intended, even though its a facotry option, and that everyone is going to keep going bigger....blah blah....the best ways is standard as intended

I simply stated that his boxster would be standard with 17" wheels but he now has 18"'s....and that he violated his own logic in his post and that upgrading 1" could be done easily and look great...

his reply included a rant telling me to back off and he is entitled to his opinion....what a moron....let my boxster blow up if it means not dealing with good ol MN

....a little nostalgia, he loved the beers
Old 07-25-2008, 11:45 AM   #39
EE3racing

I smell a thread lock coming....

Old 07-25-2008, 01:30 PM   #40

I leave for a few days and look at all of the fun i missed.

I am not anyone but who I am.

Growing up the car magazines said how amazing Porsches are. Was I brainwashed? Somehow...I doubt it.

http://www.pcars.us/albums/10641_porsche_cars.jpg
Closed Thread