Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2008, 04:06 PM   #1

Boxster Badges - Colour

Hi guys,

I've been wanting to get the silver Boxster badge for my car (Lapis Blue with black Boxster badge), and I have a few questions.

Firstly, is there a difference between the 986 Boxster badges and the 987 ones? I was thinking in terms of size... I've found the silver badges on Ebay for the 987, and only managed to find the titanium coloured badges on Ebay for the 986?

I know it doesn't really matter that much, but I don't want it to look out of spec on the car.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Stuart.

s_edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:25 AM   #2

It looks like it is different for the 986 & 987 :

http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=P&Category_Code=986logos

You might want to give them a call...

Nick

1999 986 ( Black )
1998 MB C280 ( Black )
1999 BMW K1200RS ( Yellow )
2005 Audi A4 ( Red )
NickCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:20 AM   #3

Why not just re-paint your old badge? I marked the location top and bottom and center point of my old badge using masking tape. I then removed the old badge and all of the glue residue. I repainted a portion of the badge (just the "S" and left off the "Boxster" part) and then used some double-sided tape to reinstall it. Looks great IMHO. I'm just throwing this out there since I really don't think it's much more work to do the re-paint.

Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote