Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2008, 08:07 AM   #1

Water on the drivers floormat! suggestions?

Hello,
I got in my car the other day without shoes and noted that the mat by the pedals was wet. What could this be from?

105 temps daily and AC running 100%, could this be condensation? No rain in 2 weeks.

Thanks,
James

Pedro rear stabilizer bar, CF strut braces, Maxspeed headers with 100 cell cats, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes, H&R springs with M030 setup, TRG rear links, EVO air intake, B&M Short shift kit, Raby IMS upgrade, Raby underdrive pulley
jhandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:14 AM   #2
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
This happened to someone else a few months ago, and it was concluded to be from the AC hose that runs by the pedals getting some condensation. About how much water was there? Was it just damp?
Old 06-12-2008, 08:46 AM   #3

Well that explains it. I had a 4 hour drive a few Sundays ago in extreme heat and the ac was running full blast and I got 3 water drops on my ankle over a period of about 2 hours. I was wondering what it was, and you solved the mystery. I have only had a car a couple of months and this was the first long trip.

Thanks
JP
JP308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:03 PM   #4

It was not a lot of water, maybe 1/4 cup spilled in the area of the break/gas pedal.
I was thinking it was an ac line....thanks for the information.
James
Pedro rear stabilizer bar, CF strut braces, Maxspeed headers with 100 cell cats, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes, H&R springs with M030 setup, TRG rear links, EVO air intake, B&M Short shift kit, Raby IMS upgrade, Raby underdrive pulley
jhandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:56 PM   #5

I would put money on the condensation thing. I had the exact same thing happen to me last weekend during a 3 hr drive with the top down in 85 degree heat and the AC blowing on my feet. Scared the heck out of me first time it dripped on my foot as I was wearing flip flops. Continued to do it until I turned the AC off.
shaman1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 04:06 AM   #6
EE3racing

J,

if you have the alarm option, make very sure none of that moisture reaches the CPU box under the seat. There are numerous threads about the system going haywire after any sort of bath, good luck.