Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2008, 02:15 AM   #20
FTD

I saw a BMW Z4 at a Porsche dealer in the color combo that I like, so I took it for a test drive. My Honda was 8 years old then and I was looking at my life. I bought the Honda as a four door family car that was an excellent investment, and now I have no family and being practical had become boring. I had always always always wanted a little, sporty convertible. So, after driving the Z4 I became diligent about researching price, value, and who had what for how much. The one at the dealer was the 3.2 with power booster [or something like that - a button you push to get more power and less fuel efficiency]. During my research I tripped across a Boxster 2.7 that was 1 year younger at about the same price. Plus I was surprised to see the price tags on new Boxsters and discovering they weren't the price of a house, so it opened my mind to Boxster land. I test drove the used Boxster - it was two years old and still under full warranty. The test drive made up my mind. The Z4 was too much like driving my Honda; the Boxster was FUN. And it has more cabin space. And it has more of the roadster body design that I like. In fact, I love just looking at the profile of the Box. So, I prayed for some kind of indication if I was being a fool or if I should go for it. The next morning at work I parked my car, prayed, and as I was getting out of the car I realized I had parked behind a Carrera. Maybe it was 'a sign' to buy a Carrera, but I bought the Boxster, probably in less than 24 hours after the test drive. No regrets.
FTD is offline   Reply With Quote