986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Who would be interested in a Boxster 'Tour' (CT area) (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/16544-who-would-interested-boxster-tour-ct-area.html)

Dragonwind 04-29-2008 07:55 AM

Who would be interested in a Boxster 'Tour' (CT area)

Hi all,
In the PCA we referred to this as a 'coffee run' tour. It starts out meeting at one spot in the morning, (coffee), then driving, stop at a place for food/beverage, then more driving, then stop at a final destination for a late lunch/dinner.

I would like to organize one for us 986'sters. I have some roads already in mind and some food stops too.

Would anyone be interested?
:cheers:
Chris

CT986S 04-29-2008 10:59 AM

Count me in. Those runs are fun - as we found with the Miata club. There are lots of good roads in CT.

Sain0rs 04-29-2008 12:18 PM

I'm in Stamford which is down in the bottom left of the state. I'd probably be up for a drive around the state whenever

merplastic 04-29-2008 04:01 PM

count me in too, I'm in almost the dead center of the state in Southington

Boxtaboy 04-29-2008 04:05 PM

I've done these with the CT PCA group before, and they are lots of fun. Let me know when the next one is.

Here's a pic from one I went on last yr. Nice turnout, nice folks, and great fun!
http://i26.tinypic.com/3005mxh.jpg

jrblackbox 04-29-2008 04:56 PM

You can count me in as well, as long as the weather cooperates!

Dragonwind 04-30-2008 11:29 AM

Good response so far! I'll start planning. I hope we hear from more folks here that would like to go! I do know that Harry's in Colchester is on the list of stops.
Chris

JDBOXSTER 04-30-2008 11:36 AM

Sounds real good after the long winter!

JDBOXSTER

Dragonwind 04-30-2008 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxtaboy
I've done these with the CT PCA group before, and they are lots of fun. Let me know when the next one is.

Here's a pic from one I went on last yr. Nice turnout, nice folks, and great fun!

I thought this pic looked familiar. This was the one in August yet? That was the first one I went on.
Chris

2000SoCalBoxsterS 05-01-2008 02:57 AM

After my trip to Lime Rock in Lakeville last Saturday I would say defintely yes! The countryside is beautiful. The drive up to Lime Rock once I got off of 684/84 was a pleasure.

Boxtaboy 05-01-2008 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonwind
I thought this pic looked familiar. This was the one in August yet? That was the first one I went on.
Chris

Yep. Was a great bunch of folks we met that day. I had a couple buddies join in with me as well on that drive and lunch event.

Dragonwind 05-07-2008 06:47 AM

I drove part of the route I picked out on Sunday and some of it I had never been, just looked at the map and got lucky. There were some good twisty roads to be driven!
I suspect this will be the 2nd leg of the trip. I have yet to pick a first leg as I don't know if I want to make Harry's the end point or the mid point. My wife keeps telling me it should be the end point.

If you don't know Harry's:

Harry's Place

joeyp_boxster 04-30-2009 06:21 AM

Hi I am new to the forum and a newbie owner! Just acquired a 1999 Arena Red 986 base with on 14,000 on it and am looking forward to enjoying it! I am replying to this thread because I am in CT and look forward to meeting some other Boxster owners and taking some group drives,
thx

Dragonwind 04-30-2009 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeyp_boxster
Hi I am new to the forum and a newbie owner! Just acquired a 1999 Arena Red 986 base with on 14,000 on it and am looking forward to enjoying it! I am replying to this thread because I am in CT and look forward to meeting some other Boxster owners and taking some group drives,
thx

Welcome to the forum and Boxster world! If you haven't already, join the Porsche Club of America Connecticut Valley Region as we have a lot of activities, especially this being our 50th year!. I'm also always up for a road trip from time to time so shoot me a PM if interested.
Chris

merplastic 04-30-2009 10:16 AM

Welcome and I'm in Central CT and always up for a road trip.

Bobiam 05-03-2009 07:09 AM

Count me in as interested if the date is right (available). I'm a PCA CT member and do their other coffee runs. A Boxster one would be interesting (no roofs!!!). Are you also soliciting the987 owners on other forums? Coffee runs usually have limitations bases on the restaurant's serviing and parking lot capacity. So, your "hot dog stand" venue may be the answer to allow more participation, and contain costs.

Thanks,
Bob