Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 07:23 PM   #1

Hardtop Cover and Wall Mount

Hello all
I recently picked up a 99 Boxster with a hardtop. I really need to get it up on the garage wall and out of the way. Can anyone suggest a place with good pricing on the wall mount and cover?
Thanks in advance!
Cam

Cam1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:47 PM   #2

nice.. i'm also interested to find a place to hang my hardtop.. pretty tired of having it laying on the sofa :P
vipola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 07:14 AM   #3

you guys can just leave it on top of my car i wount mind....when should i come to pick it up?
blueillusion97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 07:53 AM   #4
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
I have also been looking for a hardtop cover. I did some searching last night, and decided that I can live without the Porsche logo, and I am probably going to buy the generic hardtop cover from automotion. It serves it's purpose for $60 less than the Porsche one.

For storage, I was lucky enough to convince the previous owner of my top to give me the stand for free. But if you don't mind some work, and not mounting it on the wall, look here:
http://www.stormaster.com/Hardtop/
Old 06-05-2008, 06:10 PM   #5

I bought a used wall mount and cover. I actually bought it from a someone posting on this site, but I've seen them on ebay too. Its worked out real well. The wall mount went together easily, and it gets the hardtop out of the way. I haven't done anything to harm my hardtop and its already June...

Its worth the money. And, yes, I look at the logo every time I drive into my garage (c'mon you gotta get the logo!).
Old 06-10-2008, 10:39 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmike
I bought a used wall mount and cover. I actually bought it from a someone posting on this site, but I've seen them on ebay too. Its worked out real well. The wall mount went together easily, and it gets the hardtop out of the way. I haven't done anything to harm my hardtop and its already June...

Its worth the money. And, yes, I look at the logo every time I drive into my garage (c'mon you gotta get the logo!).

Could you get us a Ebay Item number or link to know exactly witch one your talking about? thanks

vipola is offline   Reply With Quote