986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   2003 Boxster S Price? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/16391-2003-boxster-s-price.html)

h20break 04-18-2008 03:52 PM

2003 Boxster S Price?

I am new to the forum and just wanted an opinion on the price of an 03 S. The car is listed with a reputable used car dealer and has a thirty day satisfaction guarantee. I had a PPI done by a 25 year veteran Porsche mechanic. He concluded that the car was in great shape and well taken care of. I have decided to purchase the car but would like an opinion on the price.

41k miles
Boxster S
18 inch Carrera Turbo wheels
partial leather
standard stereo/cd, but no door speakers
silver with black top and interior
6 speed
no sratches, dings, dents
interior almost perfect
tires about 40% left
50% on brakes
No leaks etc.
*clean car fax for what it is worth, but no maintenance records

The asking price is $26,995 which is consistent with other 2003 S's in the area. I have always negotiated new cars and never pay close to the sticker. Obviously, this is different. I figure there is at least a few thousand bucks worth of wiggle room here. Any and all advice is much appreciated.

JP308 04-20-2008 07:02 PM

I just purchased a 2003 S. Paid a little over 25K. The only difference I can see is that mine is a tip, with 17 inch wheels.
with 40K miles.
Silver with blue interior and top, about 70% on the tire and 80% on the pads. So you should be able to bargain it down a little for 27K.
Of course it is the spring and I bought mine a couple of months ago.

h20break 04-20-2008 07:47 PM

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JP308
I just purchased a 2003 S. Paid a little over 25K. The only difference I can see is that mine is a tip, with 17 inch wheels.
with 40K miles.
Silver with blue interior and top, about 70% on the tire and 80% on the pads. So you should be able to bargain it down a little for 27K.
Of course it is the spring and I bought mine a couple of months ago.

Thanks JP,

I did my research and was able to get it for $25,400. This paritcular dealership does a lot of volume and obviously did not want to pass on a sale.

After really putting the car to the test today, I am blown away! It is my first Porsche after having a Z3, SlK, RX 7 R2, Shelby GT 500 and others. There is truly no comparison. Hopefully there are not hidden problems.

Glad to be an official member now.

Sloan 04-21-2008 05:58 AM

I think you did well

I think that you got a very fair price.

I paid considerably more for my 2003 S (purchased in Feb.), and I attribute that to:

mine had 20,500 miles at purchase
Bose system
flawless everything
Tiptronic
NEW tires
full maint. records / one older owner
full service was included

I hope you enjoy the car - and post some photos soon.

Bitter Gnat 04-21-2008 06:19 AM

I got my 2003 Base Box (Flawless, 23k miles, Bose, New Tires.) last July for $24K.

All the comparable "S" models out there were $29k or above.

Sounds like I should have held out for a while longer, eh?

......nah, love my Boxster. Sure you will too.

J-Slicks 04-25-2008 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h20break
I am new to the forum and just wanted an opinion on the price of an 03 S. The car is listed with a reputable used car dealer and has a thirty day satisfaction guarantee. I had a PPI done by a 25 year veteran Porsche mechanic. He concluded that the car was in great shape and well taken care of. I have decided to purchase the car but would like an opinion on the price.

41k miles
Boxster S
18 inch Carrera Turbo wheels
partial leather
standard stereo/cd, but no door speakers
silver with black top and interior
6 speed
no sratches, dings, dents
interior almost perfect
tires about 40% left
50% on brakes
No leaks etc.
*clean car fax for what it is worth, but no maintenance records

The asking price is $26,995 which is consistent with other 2003 S's in the area. I have always negotiated new cars and never pay close to the sticker. Obviously, this is different. I figure there is at least a few thousand bucks worth of wiggle room here. A y and all advice is much appreciated.

Fair deal, I have owned 2 boxsters in one year. they were both 2003 but the one i have now is a boxster s. I highly reccomend extended warranty for you to enjoj these cars.