Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2008, 12:30 PM   #1

Navigation system- Better than pioneer?

I was browsing on ebay today after I saw some posts you guys made about a Pioneer D3 nav/entertainment deck...which looked really nice might I add...I found this really loaded up no name system (straight from asia prob) but anyway it semms to have everything Pioneer put in the D3 and then a hell-of-a-lot more. Its almost as loaded up as the Z3 minus the intelligent software, etc. Can anyone tell what tricky words I'm missing in this auction? It has to be too good to be true? I know its a crapy brand but the review are good and I messeged a few buyers which bought it a long time ago and they said it was awesome...?...so whats the catch? Its cheap! Let's pretend I'm not worried about it breaking, and if it does oh well...but if it doesn't break then is it a good deal? People check out the link and tell me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/7-CAR-DVD-GPS-NAVIGATION-BLUETOOTH-TV-MP3-DOUBLE-DIN_W0QQitemZ220220857993QQihZ012QQcategoryZ79834Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ut_cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 05:16 PM   #2

Probably not a bad unit, most Pioneer stuff is good. I am partial to the Eclipse nav units, but its probably fine.

Patrick
Cloudsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 07:03 PM   #3

there has to be something it's lacking? i am so good at overlooking things i feel like i'm missing something important. only thing i found thats lacking is a harddrive...but it's got one up on that since it has USB slots? thats even better IMO...i have a cheap small external HD that holds 100+GB...I don't see why someone couldn't run that to the glove box or up under the dash and just plug and unplug whenever they please...it would be awesome...unplug from USB wire take in the house and load it up, then stick it back in the car with any music loaded up, maybe even moves if it has the capability to run them? it def runs MP3 though.

ut_cougar is offline   Reply With Quote