Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2008, 10:21 AM   #1

porsche boxter INFORMATION NEEDED HELP

Can Any One Tell Me If The Vin Sticker On Drivers Door Shut Means Anything If Black In Colour Rather Than The Cream Colour On A 2003 Facelift Model Also How Do You Tell If Its An Import.
Many Thanks

doobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 03:52 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobie
Can Any One Tell Me If The Vin Sticker On Drivers Door Shut Means Anything If Black In Colour Rather Than The Cream Colour On A 2003 Facelift Model Also How Do You Tell If Its An Import.
Many Thanks
I'd have to say that a 2000 in a Red Colour with two seats would be the difference. Also, be sure to stay away from imported Porsches. Bad. Very bad. Usually, they are the ones with a Porsche badge on the bonnet or hood or whatever it is you call them.

Last edited by Jump; 04-20-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 03:54 PM   #3

Sorry doobie, couldn't help myself. While there are a LOT of people here with great knowledge about the Boxster, I think it is safe to say that none of them have any idea what you are asking. Can you rephrase the question?
Jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:38 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobie
Many Thanks
Ok..I'll take a stab. I think he is talking about the VIN plate in the door jam and if there is any significance to it being black or cream colored. I'd have to say no but do not really know.

As to whether it's an import..um...unless you living in the same country as where the Boxster was manufactured...then it's an import... However, how your local government might categorize an import is another matter....

I apologize if this post is less than helpful.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:01 PM   #5

1) He is in Bristol (the UK?)
2) I think the question involves the color of the "vin" tag that is in the door jam. His is black. Perhaps, for the UK, they are in Cream as he mentions.

Regardless, since they don't make Boxsters in the UK, aren't they all imports

1970 914 w/2056 (sold)
racer_d is offline   Reply With Quote