Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2008, 09:42 AM   #1

2009 0r 2010

Hi,

As many of you know, I am in the market for a boxster. I have searched the entire spectrum... used 01-04, new, 05 used...

What I cannot seem to find on the net is whether 09 will be the next big change on the Boxster. A nice fellow who may sell me his 05 with low miles made mention that 2010 is the big overhaul of the Boxster. Is this true? I thought 09 had new headlights/tailights and 10 hp upgrade. I realize each year recieve improvements. I know I can't wait forever, and many tell me to live for the moment. I am just perplexed... do I wait to see 09. Do I wait a year for 2010. Do I pay 40,000 for a 2005? Yikes, I never thought buying my dream second car would be a second job... A good friend on this site has told me it's not wise to finance a 40,000 2005. I happen to agree with him. But with limited supply of Boxster S's, I am left to wonder what my next move should be. Each time, i come across a good example, dealers/sellers semand top dollar. I thought in a recession, I would have a better chance of gettign a boxster at a decent price. my current car I am considering is a 2005 with 11,000 miles. Looks in great shape except for curb rash on the front spoiler. Visiable for viewing on the side of the car. Can this be matched, the color is Artic Silver. I am scheduled to drive the car Sunday, I guess I can make my decison then.

I ask if anyone has .02 to share about the current market, and what I should expect to find. The more and more I think, a new Boxster with a substantial discount might be the right road...

jk335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 10:09 AM   #2

If I understand correctly, one of the main mechanical upgrades for the new boxster and the 911 is direct injection for the engine. This not only improves the hp but also the fuel economy. For me, this would be a big plus and worth the wait if I had the money for a new Porsche.
5-speed
Rear speaker system
Harman Kardon Ipod system
Durametric software
OBC Hack
Triple Black
De-snorkled
kurssat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 11:24 AM   #3
bmussatti

2009's should start showing up at the dealerships in about 4 months (September).

Porsche increases their prices about 2-4% every year.

I am sure only a very select few number of people have any clue about the 2010 model year. That's like Coke telling Pepsi their future ad campaign.

Last edited by bmussatti; 05-29-2008 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:12 PM   #4

I think I would expect a higher increase than 2-4% as the dollar is so weak against the euro. I was told by a sales person, at the begining of the model year they negociate a price what the dealer will pay through the year so they don't deal with a the daily fluctuation of currency. from last year to this year our dollar got killed. this is what was told to me by a sales person but I have no way of confirming it. however it does sound logical.
Ken
SoCalKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:56 PM   #5

i would say go with something that's less then 40k if you're interesting in the 2010. what i would do is buy a 2001-2002 for about 20k and then in 2010 sell it and buy the new model if money is not the issue. that way i feel like you'd lose the least amount of money but you wont have to wait 2 yrs to get ur dream car

good luck with the purchase

A careful driver is one who honks his horn when he goes through a red light
-Henry Morgan
xxxalexxxx is offline   Reply With Quote