Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2008, 06:53 PM   #1

extending O2 lines?

I'm trying to extend my O2 sensor lines to the rear set of cats. How do I go about this and where do I buy the supplies?

yellowboxster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 08:20 PM   #2

The DME has thrown a CEL on OČ sensors which were not spaced the same distance as OEM. I suspect lengthening the connections may have the same effect.
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:53 AM   #3

I know some on the forum have reported that they extended their cables for the oxygen sensors and had no problem afterwards. Not so for me. I had to play with relocating the sensor bung along the exhaust stream. I also had to play with the height of the sensor in the stream. I am not sure what the problem was, perhaps the chip that was running the car, perhaps the efficiency of the 100-cats I am using, or the design of the header I have on the car (ttp).

I think we rewired the sensor a second time (we used wire from older sensors). Finally after months of messing around with it, we ended up replacing two of the four sensors and reprogramming the computer to have a slightly higher threshold before the CEL was triggered. The whole process took months to resolve, but it looks like it is now fixed, I have put 5K on the car with no issues except it is runninig great. I am not trying to scare you out, just sharing one owners experience, have fun,

Ed

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote