986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   PSE (Pedro Sport Exhaust) (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/16076-pse-pedro-sport-exhaust.html)

shaman1204 03-28-2008 04:53 PM

PSE (Pedro Sport Exhaust)

Just picked up the car from getting the PSE (Pedro Sport Exhaust) installed. Wow, it sounds awesome, nice low growl at idle and screams at higher RPM. Absolutely zero resonance too. I'll have to take some video clips and put them up later.

Total cost: $178

$134 for shop labor and supplies
$20 for tubing
$24 for new muffler clamps (old were rusted pretty bad)

bmussatti 03-28-2008 05:13 PM

Good job. Need better pictures. "Vote For Pedro"! :)

shaman1204 03-28-2008 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmussatti
Good job. Need better pictures. "Vote For Pedro"! :)

Yeah, that was just a cellphone pic. My batteries in my good digi cam are dead from St Patricks day....those should be some interesting pics :o

blinkwatt 03-28-2008 06:13 PM

I've been thinking about doing this mod to my OEM muffler. It would be a neat chance up for the winter time cause the resonance from my Top Speed exhaust can be a bit much when the top is closed and the windows are up(winter weather;rain,really windy).

How big are the pipes you used?

steve00s 03-28-2008 07:31 PM

Looks great. I too would love to see more detailed pictures.

Dragonwind 03-29-2008 02:34 AM

I see that like my PSE (Porsche Sport Exhaust) that the bypass pipes are quite visible.
Perhaps some rear diffusers? That's what I was thinking of doing.
Gratz and that sound is awesome isn't it? Add an EVO intake and you'll have one mean sounding Porsche. :)
:cheers:
Chris

shaman1204 03-29-2008 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blinkwatt
I've been thinking about doing this mod to my OEM muffler. It would be a neat chance up for the winter time cause the resonance from my Top Speed exhaust can be a bit much when the top is closed and the windows are up(winter weather;rain,really windy).

How big are the pipes you used?

I used 1 1/2" OD pipes. IIRC the guy that did this first, Pedro, used 1 1/4" but said he would use 1 1/2" if he were to do it again.

jmatta 03-29-2008 07:31 AM

I have a slightly different set-up; pipes are overhead and barely visable. Sound is incredible...best bang for your buck.

blueillusion97 03-29-2008 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmatta
I have a slightly different set-up; pipes are overhead and barely visable. Sound is incredible...best bang for your buck.

thats what i did...i also promised a video and few pics of work but never got a chance to do it...sorry...ill do it as soon as im able

dmenn 03-29-2008 07:43 PM

Looks great! The sebring style pipes look just like the pre-02 PSE. What type of shop did the work for you?

Lil bastard 03-29-2008 11:45 PM

Gee, let me see... if I route X% of the exhaust around the muffler and it's associated baffling, I should get a louder sound...

It's elemental...

Gary in BR 03-30-2008 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmatta

When I had my P(edro)SE i routed mine over the top also. It was by far the best sounding exhaust I have heard on a Boxster.

fu03steve 03-30-2008 07:09 PM

sorry!! for being uneducated :D

can someone explain to me what's PSE??
and where can I get it done? because I love loud Loud exhaust!! sound!!!

shaman1204 03-30-2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmenn
Looks great! The sebring style pipes look just like the pre-02 PSE. What type of shop did the work for you?

It was a Merlin's Muffler shop. The guy that did the work was the general manager and had done lots of custom exhausts before, but never on a P-car. I had to go to a few different shops before finding this place.

Frodo 03-31-2008 05:03 AM

Hey Lil bastard

Quote:

"Gee, let me see... if I route X% of the exhaust around the muffler and it's associated baffling, I should get a louder sound...

It's elemental..."

Posted by Lil bastard.

I was seriously thinking about doing the Pedro thing with my Boxster ('01 S)since (this is the young whippersnapper in me talking now) I really think I'd like the sound. Then I read your post, looked at your profile and found that we're in the same "age bracket" (old farts, relatively speaking) and it got me to wondering: Think I should start acting my age and forget about it??.

A little additional information: My 20 year-old kid has a Celica GT-S that he's added headers to and ripped out the muffler ("too heavy and restrictive" He also plans on turbocharging as soon as he can afford it, the better to push his 1.8L four-banger zooming past dad in his Porsche). While I understand where he's coming from, the old fart in me tells me that that's tooooo loud.

What you think? Push me off the fence, please.

Dr. Kill 03-31-2008 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodo
it got me to wondering: Think I should start acting my age and forget about it??.

No. Absolutely not.

(I know this wasn't directed at me, but I still felt compelled to respond)