Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2008, 11:46 AM   #1

Has This Ever Happened to You?

I just had a strange experience with my 2006 987 Tiptronic.

I just took the car out of winter storage. I thoroughly cleaned and dusted every part of the car and started it up. Right away I could tell something was wrong.

When I shifted into reverse the car started moving forward. When I shifted into drive the car went in reverse. When I stepped on the brake the engine revved, and when I stepped on the gas pedal the brakes went on. When I turned the steering wheel to the left the car turned right. When I turned the steering wheel to the right, the car turned left. When I turned the radio volume up it got softer, and when I turned the volume down it got louder.

I didn't know what to do, so I called the dealer service department. The service manager listened to my description and asked me if I had removed any fuses recently. I told him that I always remove all the fuses and clean them when I take the car out of winter storage. He told me that starting in 2005 the boxster has a main directional fuse that controls the direction of the electrical current. He said if it gets put in backwards, everything on the car works in reverse just like I was describing. He told me which fuse it was (#103 on the bottom of the fuse box).

I took that fuse out, turned it around and replaced it. Now the car works perfectly.

If you have a 2005 or newer Boxster, be careful with your fuses!

randijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:49 AM   #2

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
LOL nice! Good thing you didnt need an oil change cause it would need to be drained from the rear trunk and filled thru the drain plug under the car.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:35 PM   #3
EE3racing

Decent dealer, the one near me would have never dilvulged that over the phone, no money in it for him...
Old 04-01-2008, 12:46 PM   #4

blueillusion97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:50 PM   #5

Nice April fool's joke, but if you had just left it at the transmission I would have fallen for it. LOL

Chris