Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2008, 08:13 PM   #1

Help me with Bose Sound

Using Google and also the search option here has made me a bunch more knowledgable about my Bose Stereo System I have. I may be one of the few that don't mind the sound. It would not be what I would have picked but its ok. I would rather wait with speakers but would like to add navigation and iPod. so here is a question I hope someone can help me with..

If I purchase This one here is it again with more info it says it will allow me to plug my bose connectors into it and add an aftermarket receiver. But I wanted to see if someone has used this one or heard anything about it. Can a $20 part really save me from changing out speakers? Hopefully a temporary Band Aid at least. . . .

Oh, so you don't get the wrong idea, I used to have Boston acoustics Pro in my old car which is why I rather stick with Bose speakers until I find a good replacement..

Thanks for your time guys

*youth is wasted on the young*

Photos of my Boxster S

Painted center console, artic silver
, De Snorkle, 18" Carrera lightweight - 285-30-18 - Fabspeed Exhaust

http://www.cristopherbenitah.com/boxster.jpg
cbenitah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:18 AM   #2

Bose System

Hi Chris,
I'm certain any high-end car stereo installer could install a new navigation/iPod ready head unit for you & wire it up to your Bose amps without resorting to aftermarket gadgets. Cost should be minimal.
Larry
fender55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 10:16 AM   #3

well, the issue that I have read about is the 2ohm for the bose speakers.. Its low (don't know the English word) makes it difficult to match something else too it. I know it can be done no problem, but to not kill my sound system is my thought about this gadget. Maybe I'm way wrong but thought it was worth a try at least..

*youth is wasted on the young*

Photos of my Boxster S

Painted center console, artic silver
, De Snorkle, 18" Carrera lightweight - 285-30-18 - Fabspeed Exhaust

http://www.cristopherbenitah.com/boxster.jpg
cbenitah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:46 PM   #4
c4s

replaced stereo/cd

Just replaced a stock Bose system (kept the speakers) with a Pioneer Avic D3. It's a two din replacement, so it needs a face plate.... easy to find from quality car stereo shop...

Unit has NAV, IPOD, Blue-tooth, and SAT radio... about $1200 with the blue-tooth & Sat radio units... $1000 without... sounds great, functions very well... If you have an extra $650... replace the front amp... it's a piece of junk... If not it will just sound very good... new amp (Memphis)... sounds great.

Hope that helps...

c4s is offline   Reply With Quote