986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   If there were one thing to hate about the boxster, what would it be? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/15334-if-there-were-one-thing-hate-about-boxster-what-would.html)

PSL-Boxster 02-07-2008 11:21 AM

If there were one thing to hate about the boxster, what would it be?

If anything,its the two minor blind spots the top creates when it is up. I almost clipped a guy in a mini 2 days ago changing lanes. Dummy on my part, But the entire car makes up for it =] :D

fatmike 02-07-2008 11:34 AM

Thats what you deserve for having your top up. uuuhh...your in Florida.

Burg Boxster 02-07-2008 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatmike

:D :D yeah, why are you taunting us snowbelters???

Perfectlap 02-07-2008 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatmike

+1
I see this all the time in my frequent travels to Florida. Rarely do I see a convertible car owner not driving around with the top up and the AC running.
Not only are they toooooooooo cold brrrrr when it dips to a frosty 65 they also think its too hot when the weather gets above 85! sheesh...

unklekraker 02-07-2008 01:08 PM

the one thing I hate about my boxster is...the cost of maintenance if you're not the DIY owner type :D

rick3000 02-07-2008 02:56 PM

My only complaint is the lack of cup holders. But the rest of the car makes up for it.
What troubles we Porsche owners have! :D

FTD 02-07-2008 03:16 PM

Cup holders! That cracks me up. I love the body design. I love a convertible top and use it even if I have to blare the heater or crank up the AC. I love the handling. I love the interior space compared to other roadsters out there. What's to hate? Mmmm. That I didn't buy an S. I dunno. And the time I put in to detail it just to have it look ignored shortly thereafter - but that is true with many things. Well, and the cost of the word 'Porsche', but there you have it. Such is life.

EE3racing 02-07-2008 03:21 PM

I have three, clutch pedal squeak, auto on HVAC, (should have auto or off mode) and original plastic rear window. Frankly, what I hate more than those three is the thought of having to sell it in the spring.

ChrisZang 02-07-2008 03:22 PM

there is nothing which I "hate" about my car, but if I could improve one thing (which Porsche hasn't already improved with later models) it would be better gas mileage

ChrisZang 02-07-2008 03:25 PM

believe me, you want this:
http://www.toolworks.com/bilofsky/boxster/mirrors.html

No more blind spots after I installed these one the driver's and passenger's side

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSL-Boxster
If anything,its the two minor blind spots the top creates when it is up. I almost clipped a guy in a mini 2 days ago changing lanes. Dummy on my part, But the entire car makes up for it =] :D

waynes986 02-07-2008 03:30 PM

A little more than 201hp on my base boxster would be nice!! :)

Jacques79 02-07-2008 09:07 PM

Lack of a limited slip differential.

I still cannot understand why such a great sports car doesn't have one...

RX-8, S2000, 350Z, M Z4, etc...

I can understand on the base Boxster, but the Boxster S?

And it would help me out here in the Canadian winter with snow-ice covered roads...

clickman 02-07-2008 09:38 PM

Hmmm, let's see,

I hate having to get out to chop the plastic window.

I also hate having no adjustable intemittent wipers.

And I hate the squeaky clutch pedal.

And of course the gas mileage does suck.

But if I had to pick the worst, I'd pick the plastic window. All the others I can fix or in the case of the mileage expect because of the performance.

gmboxster 02-07-2008 10:03 PM

I agree about the plastic rear window ! A car which is this expensive and has a plastic rear window, go figure.. I also would like about 250 hp in my 2.5l engine, but the 201hp can still get me plenty of speeding tickets if I'm not careful.

Chills 02-08-2008 04:24 AM

I too have a squeeky clutch pedal. But seeing that everyone has it I'll chalk it up to the "Porsche experience" :cool:

I didn't like the plastic window, and I accidentally tore mine. Now I have a GAHH glass top and I love it.

What do I hate about my Boxster? I cannot think of a single thing. Its my first Porsche, my first sports car, my first roadster, and I enjoy every minute of driving it.

Oh, I can say that I didn't like the stereo so I put in an aftermarket in-dash nav system with iPod and bluetooth and reverse cam. :)

pbanders 02-08-2008 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacques79
Lack of a limited slip differential.

I still cannot understand why such a great sports car doesn't have one...

RX-8, S2000, 350Z, M Z4, etc...

I can understand on the base Boxster, but the Boxster S?

And it would help me out here in the Canadian winter with snow-ice covered roads...

Standard story on this was that Porsche deliberately didn't offer a limited slip because testing showed that a Boxter with a limited slip was faster at the Nurburgring than a 911. Can't have that.

BTW, I hate the blind spots, too. Gotta get those Euro side mirrors.

blueillusion97 02-08-2008 06:50 AM

The plastic window also get on my nerves....all i can see is general shapes of objects outside....I'm planing on replacing it with new plastic soon...Also i really don't like that every time i want to put the top down i need to get out of a car and straighten the window or else it has nasty bend in it and eventually might break....other than that i love my car..O yea cup holders would be nice but i can live without them

dmcutter 02-08-2008 08:44 AM

Hate is such a strong word...well, my 04 has the glass back windows and serviceable cup holders, although they block some of the controls when open. Can't say there's anything I hate except that it seems to be a cat magnet-just the right height and shape to encourage my cats to walk up the back end and down the windshield with dirty paws.

Jump 02-08-2008 03:43 PM

Crappy stereo system from top to bottom.

Paul 02-08-2008 07:54 PM

I drive south to work and north coming home, wish the sunvisors would swing over like most cars to block sunrises and sunsets.