986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   yokohama tires? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/15213-yokohama-tires.html)

victory3 01-28-2008 06:12 PM

yokohama tires?

Anbody out there used the Yokohama ADVAN Sport Tires on a boxster?

"The ADVAN Sport in the 275/35ZR20 size has been chosen as the exclusive Original Equipment (O.E.) tire for the Bentley Motors Continental GT equipped with the Mulliner Driving Package, the world's fastest four-seater coupe in 2005 with the maximum speed of 197 mph (318 km/h)."

Think I'm going with these from the tire rack. If any one has experience with these share a bit please, would be appreciated. Thanks.

-VICTORY3

987gator 03-02-2009 04:23 AM

Did you end up going with the Yokohamas and if so, how do you like them?

Scbrindley 03-02-2009 05:55 AM

I just put yokohama S-drives of my Boxster and love them. I have been through several sets of p-zeros but got tired of paying so much for tires that didn't last that long. So far I am very happy with the s-drives, I think they ride quieter than the p-zeros and handle just as well.

SB

jmatta 03-02-2009 11:34 AM

I have been trhough numerous sets of Yoko Advan A038/48R tires. They are an excellent bang for the buck and would highly recommend them.

yellowboxster01 03-02-2009 12:42 PM

I have used Yokohama tires for years on various vehicles. I just recently put new wheels on my car and went with the Yokohama S-Drives, great tires. I've put about 2K miles on them and I had all of them off the car last week to clean the wheels. There is very little noticeable wear on them. :cool:

AUDIOGUY 03-02-2009 02:58 PM

I have the S-Drives also. I am very pleased with them. They are wearing very well and seem not to suffer from flat-spotting as badly as the Pirellis I had. Price is right as well.

I have been overall happy with the handling. I do notice some softness in the side wall but when pushed, they hold pretty well. Most noticeable is the comfortable ride. I dont feel every pebble I drive over like I did with the Pirellis.

You get a thumbs up from me!

sd_boxster 07-17-2009 11:16 PM

Has anyone autocrossed with Yoko S.drives?

sd_boxster 07-18-2009 01:05 PM

I got S.drives mounted this morning, and have put about 50 miles on them now.

They're just starting to get roughed up, so it's still a bit early for a review. Notably absent is tendency for my Boxster to follow every groove and rut in the road, which is really nice.

cartagena 07-19-2009 01:07 PM

I am not sure if mine are ADVAN but I have had Yokohama on the back for a while now without problems.