Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2008, 06:33 AM   #1

Post Central Lock Reprogram

I recently purchased an 01 Boxster S and can't seem to lock the doors with the remote or the central locking switch on th dash. I can however unlock with the remote and lock manually be repeatidly turning the key in the door 4 times . The horn beeps twice after unlocking and once when I lock manually through the door. The light on the dash blinks in sessions of two, blink blink. I read in the manual that if the horn sounds twice that it is a notification that there is a malfunction in the central locking/alarm system. I am thinking it is a reprogram issue.

Is there any suggestions? Is there a way to reprogram, if that is the issue, without taking to dealer?

merklenate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:36 AM   #2

Smile

My 00 Boxster has similar problems with the locking. My problem was from water getting under the seat and getting the box wet. Sunset import is a good place to check for a new one they where $300 cheaper than the local dealer here in Nashville, TN. Check your drains also.
CP711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:12 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP711
My 00 Boxster has similar problems with the locking. My problem was from water getting under the seat and getting the box wet. Sunset import is a good place to check for a new one they where $300 cheaper than the local dealer here in Nashville, TN. Check your drains also.

Same exact thing happend to me...Dealer charged me 900$ to replace it =(

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...IMG00612-1.jpg
ROMES is offline   Reply With Quote