Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2008, 12:56 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcporsche99
Hey Grizz,
All kidding aside, the one in the picture is a very clean & cool looking ride, along with it's whitewall tires. You would definitely get a lot of complements. How much do they go for??
That one is a '56, I think. It's on ebay right now with one bid of $30,000...so they go for more than $30,000.

How 'bout this one? It's a '66 on ebay. It's $16,000 right now.

...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:10 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly
That one is a '56, I think. It's on ebay right now with one bid of $30,000...so they go for more than $30,000.

How 'bout this one? It's a '66 on ebay. It's $16,000 right now.
I just checked out the steel dreamz website - wow, they have a nice inventory. BTW, I call dibs on the '71 Roadrunner.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s..._kill/Siga.jpg
Dr. Kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:12 PM   #23

Wow! Never would have figured that price!

Yeah, the 30K is a little over the top...it looks a bit stuffy....as if ones luggage should be made of old hardwood and have large double straps with buckles....and the driver should drive with a wooden pipe and wear a brown tweed hat.

The red one has a more personality, IMHO. Love the headlights with the chrome lunar elements that resembles eyelashes. And the addition of the chrome wheels gives it a tougher / racing feel unlike the whitewalls.

EDIT: Hope you know my descriptions were a joke! Who describes cars like that?? I'm just in a heck of a mood today?? Can't stop the sarcasm.

:dance:

Last edited by dcporsche99; 01-14-2008 at 05:05 PM.
dcporsche99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:35 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Kill
I just checked out the steel dreamz website - wow, they have a nice inventory. BTW, I call dibs on the '71 Roadrunner.
The Roadrunner is nice. A lot of people don't like the '71, but I do. He's got my dream business going on there. I thought about doing something like that if they retire me, but watching the economy, it might not be the best time to get into the sale of expensive luxury items.

I have my '72 Mach I for sale at a ridiculously low price right now, and so far no one is falling over themselves to buy it.

Maybe I should open a Tata Deathcar Dealership instead.
...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:14 PM   #25

Just checked that website too and apparently that red '66 Microbus is selling for 39K!!

BTW, do you have pictures of the Mach I??

Last edited by dcporsche99; 01-14-2008 at 05:03 PM.
dcporsche99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:35 PM   #26

Send a message via AIM to LoveBunny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Kill
I dunno – they claim this car meets crash test standards (whatever that means). I wonder if the old Porsches would – I am guessing not. I agree this thing looks chincy, but it may have some kind of well designed structure underneath it all that distributes the kinetic energy well in the event of an impact. Either way, it has to be better than the old hippie mobile whose list of safety features include employing crumple zones like the driver’s legs and chest cavity.

yeah, it's probably safer than an old VW Beetle. My mom actually watched someone get killed in one. Those things are scary. Still, I would want to drive it on the US roads. I'd rather ride the bus.
LoveBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:36 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly
He's got my dream business going on there. I thought about doing something like that if they retire me, but watching the economy, it might not be the best time to get into the sale of expensive luxury items.
My dreamjob too – actually, I think I would even be happy just washing cars at a place like that. You are right about timing - I don’t look to 2008 to be a stellar year for the economy – and I had heard some talk about a correction in the muscle car market – didn’t catch Barrett-Jackson this year though to see if it is happening. Maybe Steel Dreamz will tank and we can do a 986forum groupbuy of their inventory when the market bottoms out.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s..._kill/Siga.jpg
Dr. Kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:45 AM   #28

The Tata has many advantages. When you are killed in it, they can simply buff it up and bury you without having to extract you.

Very neat and tidy!

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:50 PM   #29
FIG

Link

A friend of mine has one of these (fortwo)......

I refuse to get in! Danger is NOT my middle name!
FIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:15 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
The Tata has many advantages. When you are killed in it, they can simply buff it up and bury you without having to extract you.

Very neat and tidy!
Nice one,you actually made me laugh with that
bigb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:06 AM   #31

When I was in Paris, I saw tons of the SMART car. It certainly is better than a motorcycle (a major form of trans. in Paris.). However, I wouldn't buy the safety angle.

As Automobile mag said recently, the air bags and all don't make up for no power and no weight. I guess any truck going by you on the ISTATE makes for an exciting day.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote